Just what the world needs. What some of you have been waiting for.

12345 ... 12

Re: Just what the world needs.

I thought a black flag meant your car was screwed up and they are telling you to get off the track? Like,"your puking oil,now leave"

Re: Just what the world needs.

I understood it to mean "get off the track" also.

Re: Just what the world needs.

Lucky 1
Punk rock does not even fit with itself.
Weren't the band members always having fights with each other on stage?
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Just what the world needs.

Hellbilly429
Punk rock is just metal played poorly.

Tools, maybe you could use the unsportsmanlike conduct hands from a referee?

Maybe something like this but with just the hands? Although that would be difficult to paint unless you had someone good with an airbrush or one of those hydrographics places near you.

I would personally use this picture if possible

Re: Just what the world needs.

Cut the seat mounts off, so I could mount the Crapy Cafe style seat I got from Slowandugly. Took about 3 hours of careful cutting, and grinding.

Tried to fit the Crapy seat, but it fit really Crapy!!!

I thought long, and hard whether to use the Crapy seat pan, or make my own from scratch. Then decided the hell with it, and chopped up the crapy seat pan.

Now that I have the Crapy seat pan somewhat fitting the frame, I have started gluing my green foam on to make a mold of the rear section, so I can fiberglass it up.

Re: Just what the world needs.

Lucky 1
Motorcycle racing and AMA races are a little different I suppose.
I never saw a diagonally split flag.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Just what the world needs.

Had some time between classes today, so I started molding my foam to shape. I used my grinder with a lite touch to rough out the shape. Then a sanding block with 100 grit paper to finish.

I then cut 1/8" deep lines in the foam, to use as a guide. I then sanded until the lines disappeared. Next I beveled the edges of the seat pan.

I then started laying on the fiberglass. I used the hairy type mat. It's messier then the woven, but forms to curves better. I cut it into strips about 8" long that tapered from 3" to 1". I let it run long, so I can trim it to where it looks best later.

Re: Just what the world needs.

pat english
hey thats pretty sweet lookin..and fast too!..kinda looks like a fender/tail section...you should mold the seat into the tank..like a tracy body..that would be sweet.

Re: Just what the world needs.

That Crapy seat really wasn't 'all that',huh? Looks like a hornets butt nowJust messin' bud. Where do the plate warmers go?

Re: Just what the world needs.

I'm just going to use the nice long, and level exhaust pipes, for that.

Re: Just what the world needs.

You mean you are not running a 4-1?!?! You HAVE to use a 4-1! It's a Cafe! That is the RULES!

Re: Just what the world needs.

Actually if, you look at old pictures of actual Cafe Racers from the 60's, they used exhausts that were almost identical to the ones on my bike. Vintagerider (who is a total Cafe snob) even approved of my using the 4 into 2 exhaust.
Went, and picked up some "Black Diamond" today at Tractor Supply. Since I do not have any classes tomorrow I am going to try out my new sandblaster, and finish the seat, so I can get things painted.

Re: Just what the world needs.

HAHA! Yeah,just teasing about the pipes. I just get tickled when people build 'custom' motorcycles by a set of rules.lol. Black Diamond is the shiznit.

Re: Just what the world needs.

If only I had known all those tons of Silica Sand I used in the past, for sandblasting were hazardous to my health, I would have used this sooner.

Re: Just what the world needs.

Tried the sandblaster with the "Black Diamond" today. It SUCKS!!! Would not even come out the nozzle. It just plugged it up! So I used my soda blaster, and just did the hard to sand spots, and the bottom. Will use my DA sander on the rest.

Re: Just what the world needs.

Trying to decide on the final shape of my rear cowl. I have it cut to what Toolbabe thinks, and marked to what I think it should be. Any thoughts?

Re: Just what the world needs.

pat english
i actually like it the way it is.

Re: Just what the world needs.

You need a bigger tip for your blaster. That stuff cuts like mad. I like the line you marked. Seems too long to me how it is now. But I have no style either...

Re: Just what the world needs.

Hellbilly429
I agree with shiny, I like the mark, doesnt make it look like the brim of a hat hanging off the back end that way.

Re: Just what the world needs.

Finished stripping the paint off the tank, so I can fix the dents. And since this is the tank that was originally on the Toolmatic, the dents are the ones some RUB kicked into it one night in Diamond OK. I hate F#$%&*# RUBs with their you know what attitudes.

Made my seat mounts, and tacked them to the frame. Going to finish welding them later. Will put up a picture of them later. Finished up the fiberglass work, and started shaping it with Bondo. I have it in primer getting ready to block sand it, and then cut the final shape.

12345 ... 12