My '78 cb750 Bobber

1234 ... 10

My '78 cb750 Bobber

DeadmanEmsland
This will be my project this winter. Bought it for $1600 with extra parts, Also the guy has a 200mm rim for sale
$300 I was thinking of getting as well which will also need a disc brake conversion on the back.

Re: My '78 cb750 Bobber

Looks good. I don't think it needs the 200mm rim myself. They are going out of style also.

Re: My '78 cb750 Bobber

DeadmanEmsland
Ya maybe you're right. I'll focus on the bike first and see where I'm at later on down the road on the project.

Re: My '78 cb750 Bobber

I think it is perfect as is!!!I have all the parts off of my 76 f that had rear disc on it if you are interested,but i think drums look so much better.I dig it like it is,man.Great looking bike

Re: My '78 cb750 Bobber

  don't no completely how to convert to a disc on a Honda (parts needed)ridged frame fo these ,but one of the reasons we went to disc on a chop was because they worked lots better then drum and most were running a free spool in front ,meaning no front brakes.,had for a cleaner look.

                                  cuzz'ez 750 chopp.

Re: My '78 cb750 Bobber

I have to say,i have rear drum and single front disc.My rear brake is waaay stronger than my front.

Re: My '78 cb750 Bobber

Those older single disc breaks really SUCK That is why I have converted the Toolmatic to duel discs. I see someone has all ready done it to that bike. Very cool.

Re: My '78 cb750 Bobber

I have noticed that using my front brake will stop the bike without enough line pressure to activate the brake light switch.I dont like that.Im using my rear brake a lot more than i should because of that

Re: My '78 cb750 Bobber

Try a braided stainless steel line. Big difference.

Re: My '78 cb750 Bobber

Piute
       Try a braided stainless steel line. Big difference.

Re: My '78 cb750 Bobber

Sound like a good idea       $$$$

Re: My '78 cb750 Bobber

If, you can find a place like Tompkins Ind that makes them up they are not very much at all. It;s when, you go to the bike shop that it gets out of hand.

Re: My '78 cb750 Bobber

Actually,i have all the stuff i need at the speed shop.Figured it would run me about $40 so far.Havent had any luck finding an adapter for the caliper threads.Havent tried very hard either

Re: My '78 cb750 Bobber

Use a 10X1.25 banjo bolt, and a banjo. You might need to trim some off the end of the bolt, but they work. I have done it on a few now.

Re: My '78 cb750 Bobber

Thank you so very much!I searched all last night trying to find where you had done this,i remembered that you had used a banjo.Once again...You da man!

Re: My '78 cb750 Bobber

Buddies POW/MIA bike.

Re: My '78 cb750 Bobber

Thats the first place i went,but i probably overlooked it.Oh well,all is good now

Re: My '78 cb750 Bobber

DeadmanEmsland
What part am i going to need if I get rid of the front fender to keep the forks from bowing? I cant remember what its called i've heard the name before.

Re: My '78 cb750 Bobber

Lucky 1
Fork brace.

You will not need the disk brake for the rear either.
80% of stopping power is the FRONT brakes.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: My '78 cb750 Bobber

Daddyman
Disk is WAY BETTER, especially when its time to work on em.
Photobucket
---1976 CB750F CAFE---
     Florence, Colorado
1234 ... 10