Parts sources for our cb750s. Added some links to sources for info or parts 02-13-14

Re: Parts sources for our cb750s. Updated with a little dohc and electrical. 6-3-10

I would call him. That does not sound like him. Just don't mention, you know me.

Re: Parts sources for our cb750s. Updated with a little dohc and electrical. 6-3-10

TOOLS1 wrote
I would call him. That does not sound like him. Just don't mention, you know me.
TOOLS
Too late.Already told him you sent me there...figured i might get a discount or rushed delivery...well...we see how that worked outNah,i just sent him an email.Its not holding me up yet,so i am not real concerned

Re: Parts sources for our cb750s. Updated with a little dohc and electrical. 6-3-10

Talked to Tommy via email.He received payment Oct 3 and shipped them todaywhatever

Re: Parts sources for our cb750s. Updated with a little dohc and electrical. 6-3-10

I can't wait to see how this plays out.

Re: Parts sources for our cb750s. Updated with a little dohc and electrical. 6-3-10

Im sure it will go fine.I guess he was busy

Re: Parts sources for our cb750s. Updated with a little dohc and electrical. 6-3-10

My clamps got here today.Tommy came thru okay

Re: Parts sources for our cb750s. Updated with a little dohc and electrical. 6-3-10

Cool. Did, you get the smooth exhaust clamps?

Re: Parts sources for our cb750s. Updated with a little dohc and electrical. 6-3-10

Yep.Now i just gotta wrestle the header back off to get 'em on.Im so lucky it went all those miles without falling off.I kept bending down and checking  every few miles.

Re: Parts sources for our cb750s. Updated with a little dohc and electrical. 6-3-10

shinyribs wrote
partsnmore is out of canada,at least that is what the return address says.I have used them and vintagecb750 a few times with great results.Its the local guys that screw you.I OVER-paid for a seal over 2 weeks ago and still have not received anything.Phone calls have proved useless so i will just have to ride out there and collect my money.One buyer from ebay sent me tracking info for a part i bought,it turned out to be a bad number.That was over a week ago.I'm gonna chalk that one up to a typo for now.I hope i dont get e-screwed.I have found Tommy at www.lowridersbysummers.com is nice and easy to deal with also

Wanna hear something that makes me mad?Look at the date on this post.Nov 20.I was 2 weeks waiting on that seal on Nov 20.He will not answer my phone calls still!!!

Re: Parts sources for our cb750s. Updated with a little dohc and electrical. 6-3-10

From SgtSlag:

Tire Guide

This is the Motorcycle Industry Coucil's free, motorcycle tire guide. It is a 9.3 MB PDF, but hard copies can be purchased. Included are instructions on tire selection, maintenance, bike loading and consequences of excess weight, and wear issues. Use, ignore, share, as you deem appropriate. Cheers!

Hope this helps.

Re: Parts sources for our cb750s. Updated with a little dohc and electrical. 6-3-10

MarkPBG
I was browsing parts sources last month and saw a fiberglass rear cafe seat that used the stock hinges and latch. For some reason I cannot find it again. Does anyone remember who it was that made this one? It had dimples in the seat pan area to attach the stock hinge and latch hardware. Thanks.

FOUND IT! Made by air-tech. It's the medium length and i think front the looks of it, it works with or without the stock rear fender…so i could use it now, and weld on the rear frame hoop and eliminate the rear fender later.

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/vintage/images/seats/CB75021contact.jpg

price is reasonable considering it works with the stock hardware…seat is $131.41 (odd price) seat upholstery pan is $49 and they sell a self adhesive one inch thick high grade seat foam pad 12" wide x 26" long for $37

I think this is the one I will get.
Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: Parts sources for our cb750s. Updated with a little dohc and electrical. 6-3-10

You can get seat foam very cheap at your local upholstery shop.The pieces you would need for a bike seat are so small they probably have scraps in the trash can they would give you.Thats what i did but i gave the guy $5 for helping me out anyways.He appreciated it and i won't feel ashamed to come back in the future.Tell them what you are using for and they will hook you up with the correct density.Just a thought

Re: Parts sources for our cb750s. Updated with a little dohc and electrical. 6-3-10

MarkPBG
Has anyone used these guys for brake hoses? They've got a nice cafe master cylinder too, just $70 with brake light switch, which makes a good match to the one piece hose that replaces all three on mine now.

http://slingshot-cycles.com/

I just noticed my oem brake lines are already cracked and not routed correctly. The top line is severely pinched from being run at the wrong angle. Time for new lines!
Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: Parts sources for our cb750s. Updated with a little dohc and electrical. 6-3-10

MarkPBG
I was at Harbor Freight the other day and noticed they had a boxed set of Viton O-rings. I don't think there's any better o-ring out there for motorsports applications right now. Viton handles low and high temps along with a wide variety of lubricants, cleaners, etc. They're just about the toughest o-ring out right now.
The regular o-rings were $3.95 a box. The  Vitons were $19.99. That's a lot cheaper than at a parts store where ONE Viton o-ring can run you nearly $2.00.

(Shop safety note: Just don't get ketones like acetone on them, or organic acids like acetic acid. If there's a fire in your shop, Viton may release hydrogen fluoride, so don't go near burning flouroelstomers like Viton and wear protective equipment to clean it up. Sourced from Wiki and http://o-ring.info/en/products/by-compound/viton-fkm/)
Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: Parts sources for our cb750s. Updated with a little dohc and electrical. 6-3-10

MarkPBG
Placed an order with CB750 supply on 3/5, the box with the COMPLETE order arrived today 3/7!!!! This was just another regular order without any special shipping, and it got here that fast! I have not ordered anything that arrived that fast, not from Sears, not computer parts, nothing. Great service and everything was in new perfect condition. (some warehouses have actually sent me parts someone else has "tried out" before!)

Will definitely keep them on the top of the suppliers list!
Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: Parts sources for our cb750s. Updated with a little dohc and electrical. 6-3-10

FastCletus
HELP
Why cant I find fork tunes for my 81 cb750.  It has 37mm tubes??
@FastCletus552 aka Jimmy C, buildin' rides out of Napa CA
Current Build 1980 CB 750 F
Finished Build 1975 CB 500T Cafe Racer - SOLD
2002 Ducati 998 Biposto
2005 Rossi #46 Scooter

Re: Parts sources for our cb750s. Updated with a little dohc and electrical. 6-3-10

Because CB 750's all had 35mm tubes. The CB 900's, and Gold Wings had 37mm tubes. However if, you want 37mm tubes go to "Forking by Frank."

2002 Ducati 998 Biposto
2005 Rossi #46 Scooter

Re: Parts sources for our cb750s. Updated with a little dohc and electrical. 6-3-10

MarkPBG
Just wanted to let everyone know, I had some great service from Cycle X. One of the throttle cables they sent had a manufacturing defect, the nut on the switch housing end was installed backwards so the threads pointed down, and I was unable to install it. I sent them an email and they promptly shipped out a replacement via priority mail. I got it in 3 days, no questions or even a request to send the bad one back!

(I used to work in auto parts, so I know they can get a defect credit from the mfr....I sent the bad one back anyway)

So, I am pleased with their customer service. :)
Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: Parts sources for our cb750s. Updated with a little dohc and electrical. 6-3-10

espressoant
MarkPBG wrote
Has anyone used these guys for brake hoses? They've got a nice cafe master cylinder too, just $70 with brake light switch, which makes a good match to the one piece hose that replaces all three on mine now. http://slingshot-cycles.com/ I just noticed my oem brake lines are already cracked and not routed correctly. The top line is severely pinched from being run at the wrong angle. Time for new lines!
Yes, using the one piece braided line on my 78 K - Great quality, fast shipping - No issues so far
123