Random Thoughts

1 ... 45678910 ... 54

Re: Random Thoughts

Ah,I remember the spaghetti brains video. Very true stuff!

And I agree the phrase ''women are crazy'' pretty much sums it up. It was just an odd feeling last night. I've been with Crys for going on 12 years now. Until last night there was never even a hint of a fight or an argument...ever. She was a little fiesty last night But she got over it.

Re: Random Thoughts

Her clock is ticking. You better run!

Re: Random Thoughts

easyrider12
S@#T happens!
most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handelbars to the saddle.

Re: Random Thoughts

easyrider12
Well boys, it's been almost a week, and I'm about to head downtown for a night out and some kareoke,  i'll post some pics later and hope you enjoy!  there will be more ladies out on a sunday(hopefully) stay tuned!

p.s.   shitter was an original photo!  lol

Just because the girl next to you likes your singing, doesn't mean she wants to marry you, especially when you find out she is dating the kareoke master's buddy!  lol   oh my,)
most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handelbars to the saddle.

Re: Random Thoughts

Oops! Hey,you never know til you ask

Re: Random Thoughts

shultz_1978
Why is a fuel shut off called a petcock. How about a bung, What the. Okay do you need a pipe nipple,( pipe nipple who in the world). How about a pair of dikes. you know side cutters what about a aspirator. haha Venturi effect in a constricted stream of fluid

Okay I am done.
Simple if some one else can, why can't I
Jamie

Re: Random Thoughts

All good questions!   I'll hazard a guess on the petcock. I'd say the ''pet'' part is derived from petroleum. And I figured the ''cock'' part was a British term for a valve.

 More tough questions:

When deaf people think about a conversation they had...do they hear words???

If you drilled a hole all the way through the earth and jumped in would you fall all the way out the other side? Or would you go to a certain point and begin falling back the other way? Or would you become a human yo-yo?

Re: Random Thoughts

Jebbysan
SLAYER!!!!!

1979 CBX Super Sport Special
1980 cb750f Super Sport Special
1966 Corvette Sting Ray 327/350
1985 El Camino 383 stroker
2010 GMC Sierra

Re: Random Thoughts

cdaiscool
shinyribs wrote
If you drilled a hole all the way through the earth and jumped in would you fall all the way out the other side? Or would you go to a certain point and begin falling back the other way? Or would you become a human yo-yo?
I would love to answer this!

Given that you are never truly devoid of friction (air resistance, among other things) you will become a yo-yo. In a perfect world, you would have your start point, you will go to the other side and stop PRECISELY where you started, before you yo-yo'd back. This is because as you gain energy, you expend it at the exact same rate and begin to store it for the opposite trip (energy is neither created nor destroyed, after all!).

However, due to air resistance and the energy required to overcome it as you fall, you do not have AS MUCH energy on the return trip. Hence, you won't go to your original point. Say the energy required to put you through the swing and accompanying air resistance takes 20 feet from you, the next swing (yo-yo) will be even further than your original point.

Hence, you will never be the same point away, nor will you continue to yo-yo. You will pendulum swing until your energy is no longer kinetic, but stationary.

On that note...

Why do idiots exist???

Edit: I am thinking about the moron that put lawnmower exhaust on my bike. Not anything in relation to this site.
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Random Thoughts

free2ride
cdaiscool wrote
Why do idiots exist???
to make life interesting for the rest of us.

Why isn't there a law against stupidity?
"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston S. Churchill

Most motorcyclists live more in five minutes than other people do in their entire lives.

when you mix religion with politics you get politics

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)

Re: Random Thoughts

So Craig,where do you land? Or do you end up just floating in middle earth???

Re: Random Thoughts

Jebbysan
You stop in the middle....the mass in any direction at that point would be in inverse proportion....
it would not be as strong at the center....but it is still there.
You would yo-yo til the gravity equalized.

Jebby
1979 CBX Super Sport Special
1980 cb750f Super Sport Special
1966 Corvette Sting Ray 327/350
1985 El Camino 383 stroker
2010 GMC Sierra

Re: Random Thoughts

LOL. I love this forum. I can't believe you guys actually took the time to consider that goofy question That's one of the many silly things I ponder on when tinkering or riding. I guess I can mark that one as solved!

Re: Random Thoughts

cdaiscool
With no extra physics, you don't land. However, due to wind resistance, you eventually stop in the middle of Earth.

Ever seen a stack of marbles bouncing at the end? Same general concept. Except you're both marbles and gravity is the force.

Got a wild hair and started a random project earlier in the week. Almost done... :)

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)

Re: Random Thoughts

<--- Check it. 7,000th post

Re: Random Thoughts

Random wild hair project done. Anyone here familiar with the old gasser The Filthy Forty?

1 ... 45678910 ... 54