cb750 chopper

cb shwank
as I got it
passenger pegschain brake linkagedrove it for a bitnew frame sectionmounting a fenderfenderfender struts and sissy barmounting system
I got the sissy bar all tacked up.
Put the tire back on to check all the fitment.
I need a new oil tank
Need to rewire it
New tires
Battery box and so on with paint and things
I havent been here for awhile so I thought I would post some fun stuff
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

AWESOM!!!!!!!!!!!! I have not seen an Invader mag in a long time. What is that rear tire? Those chain pegs are really neat to. Keep us posted on this.

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank
tank bag
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank
practice weld
Building the oil tank. I have to cut a relief for the chain.
My welding isn't so great, I dont have control of this old econotwin miller tig.
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank
I think the rear is 5x16
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

Welcome in bud. Cool bike for sure! Any reason why you don't want to just mig your tank?

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank
Flux core...is what I got for mig.
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

Ah, gotcha. Good luck on the build. Keep us posted.

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank
this tube thingy
Made a whole, put that tube for the bottom of the oil tank in it.
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank

Sucker had some spring apart on it. Surprised me.
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

Yeah, I wouldn't have expected that either.

I don't know how I missed the Invaders even though Tools pointed them out! Those are some great looking wheels.

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank
The front wheel is actually a halcraft mini drum that is not connected to the brake currently.
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

I remember those. Not very effective, but looked pretty good, and you could tell the fuzz that you did have the required front brake when he was trying to hassle you. None of your pictures show it though.

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank
I noticed that too.
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank

Trimmed and ready to tack up
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

That looks nice, however it just reminded me that I need to be installing electrics into a fake one of those, and not staring at the computer.

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank

Oil tankmis almost done.
I made 2 errors
A: I never looked inside a stock tank untill after it was welded. The case breather tube does not extend up above what will be the oil level. I will cut it off, drill it, push it a longer one.
B: I never looked inside a stock tank untill after it was welded. The return line does not extend above what will be the oil level. I will put a copper tube in the brass fitting extending it above the oil level.
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

That is looking pretty good. First time I have ever seen the fill on the left.

Re: cb750 chopper

cb shwank
Thats another after thought. Hopefully idont have to change the kickstand to the right side.
wisconsin

Re: cb750 chopper

Should not be a problem, but a kickstand on the right would be cool to.