piute 1977 CB 750 F2 SADDLE BAGS / FAIRING/TRAILER HITCH (touring)

Re: piute 1977 CB 750 F2 SADDLE BAGS / FAIRING/TRAILER HITCH (touring)

sgtslag
Pulling a trailer, touring, and the oil is hot?...  Sounds like an oil cooler, with thermostat, may be just what you need?

Seriously, for pulling a trailer, and your oil is already that hot, without the trailer?  I'd consider installing an oil cooler -- or are you already planning that?  Anyway, my oil cooler dropped the temperature from 250 F, to 210 F, without ever pulling a trailer -- my DOHC ran hot, from the factory.  A cooler really helps keep the engine running longer, and stronger.

I'll go back to the peanut gallery now.  I think it's time for my medication.  You should see my nurse...  Hubba, hubba!

Re: piute 1977 CB 750 F2 SADDLE BAGS / FAIRING/TRAILER HITCH (touring)

Piute

                                             YEP
     I always used  a cooler on all I've owned,long hot miles are what all bikes get at times,I do try to start off with the crack of Dawn,(she's good company)

   Will be digging into mo info on witch to use and is available (that i can do)

Re: piute 1977 CB 750 F2 SADDLE BAGS / FAIRING/TRAILER HITCH (touring)

  For my trailer hitch plug wont to use a 5 point plug system ,

                                                     5-Way Connectors
5-Way connectors are available allowing the basic hookup of the three lighting functions (running, turn, and brake) and besides the ground, one pin is available to provide support for another function. Typically the 5-Way Flat is used for trailers with surge brakes or hydraulic brakes. The additional wire is tapped into the backup lights to disengage the hydraulic trailer coupler (actuator) when the vehicle is reversing, thus turning off the trailer's brakes

       Any one know if there is a specifect order sure there is but plug shows no starting point GOT HER ,JUST FOR REFERANCE on how to wire a 5 point wireing harness for trailer.
Expert Reply:

The Pollak 5-Pole, Round Pin Trailer Wiring Sockets, item # PK11502, and # PK11501, do not have a standardized wiring configuration. I normally direct my customers to the 6-way wiring configuration, eliminating the middle pin.

Start by wiring the top most connector inside the vehicle end # PK11502, as with the taillight circuit (12 o-clock). Then looking inside the connector, where the wires are attached, going clockwise the next terminal (1 o-clock) position can be wired as brake output, 12 volt power, or reverse light circuit, whichever connection your vehicle requires.

Next, going clockwise attach the right turn/brake circuit (5 o-clock), then the left turn/brake circuit (7 o-clock) and finally the ground wire to the 10 o-clock terminal.

You would then wire the inside of the trailer connector to match (mirror) the vehicle side connector

To-days in house(cool/relaxe)project,

Re: piute 1977 CB 750 F2 SADDLE BAGS / FAIRING/TRAILER HITCH (touring)

The plugs have a little nub that makes them only go in one way. Use that nub as your reference/starting point and you'll be fine

Re: piute 1977 CB 750 F2 SADDLE BAGS / FAIRING/TRAILER HITCH (touring)

Piute

  Took A while but got all the right colors on BUT Wht.who the hell uses wht. wire(trailers)THX Bud.

Re: piute 1977 CB 750 F2 SADDLE BAGS / FAIRING/TRAILER HITCH (touring)

Piute

               Got my 15 Tooth gear ,

   Well. after past wk end ride pushing it in this heat I was running 3-4 gear at 6-8k thru the turns asked others some were not even down shifting and some just left in 4th mostly,I had to to go into 3rd couldn't use back brakes(swing-arm bushings BAD)but pulled out of those curves hard and quick(guy in front of me used his brakes a lot never shifted out of 5th (could tell).
   But think the way I like / had using 3rd this will work.

       There is a bigg difference in the r.p.m.'s and sound at my speed,I have no speedo ,believe that the bike seems to run better for me at this 15x43 gears,As stated very noticeable ,My maintained speed is at about 60-63 @ 6k,will have this double check soon,

Re: piute 1977 CB 750 F2 SADDLE BAGS / FAIRING/TRAILER HITCH (touring)

I wish I could see you plowing turns with those bags on there!!! I bet it looks awesome!

Re: piute 1977 CB 750 F2 SADDLE BAGS / FAIRING/TRAILER HITCH (touring)

Piute
shinyribs wrote
I wish I could see you plowing turns with those bags on there!!! I bet it looks awesome!
  Nobody did but the few cars/trucks I had to pass,There was one other in the rear (750 on left) think he hung out so I wouldn't get lost,witch I would of,major turn somebody waited(thx) and then shot off to catch others ,There was no sight seeing just the  next curve and back of the guy in front of you ,He hit his brake a lot witch I couldn't,front only due to swing-arm being bad (It would fill like rear wonted to fold). But hey It was lots of fun and be better ready next month.
  Thought my boards were scrapeing but might have been centerstand cause I didn't fill or see scatches

Re: piute 1977 CB 750 F2 SADDLE BAGS / FAIRING/TRAILER HITCH (touring)

Piute

  O.K. while the paint dried I modded(drilled holes)

To fit Like the look bit cleaner and hides my skinny

Re: piute 1977 CB 750 F2 SADDLE BAGS / FAIRING/TRAILER HITCH (touring)

Piute
  O.K. I jumped the gun Maybe,seen this on flea bay and grabbed it 45 bucks.

 I'm not positive it will fit was marked 69-79 but myself know all that can't be right but for the buy now price

                 Get me some fittings N maybe get these to adapt to work

  I'm still going to try the cb 650 stuff 1st ,but not taking any chances on wearing this engine to soon,test now aren't going to be correct unless we hit 100+ deg. might
                               Any helpful hints would be appreciated ,

Re: piute 1977 CB 750 F2 SADDLE BAGS / FAIRING/TRAILER HITCH (touring)

                   piute 1977 CB 750 F2 SADDLE BAGS / FAIRING/TRAILER HITCH

                                             PIUTE PUTT FAIRING ON

                                      PIUTE PUTT FAIRING ON took all day

Re: piute 1977 CB 750 F2 SADDLE BAGS / FAIRING/TRAILER HITCH (touring)

sgtslag
Check the clearance on those dual horns...  When the forks compress fully, they may re-sculpt your front fender for you.  Don't ask me how I know.

Looking good, Piute.  The Windjammer is still top of the class, in my book.  Their longevity makes a loud statement, going on 40+ years.  Cheers!

Re: piute 1977 CB 750 F2 SADDLE BAGS / FAIRING/TRAILER HITCH (touring)

Piute
                                   high speed (75-80m.p.h.) wobble with fairing

  Well Lil late about the Hornys they put a couple good chips in paint but no dent ,THX.,raised them 1" and moving completely some were's,Will be shooting flt.blk. soon to touch it up and finish tank after clear coats.

    On another thought Got A high speed (75-80m.p.h.) wobble way to work,thought about it all day,
  angled wrong,not balanced,Then seen A guy in work parking lot checking his tire pressure,
   "Hey could I barrow that for a sec." sure enough 17lb's,Put it were should be 38 no prob.

Re: piute 1977 CB 750 F2 SADDLE BAGS / FAIRING/TRAILER HITCH (touring)

WHEW! Glad that fixed your wobble. You had me worried there for a sec

A cable tie on your fork leg is a good way to check fork travel. Put it right above your dust cover and it'll slide up when you hit a bump. I learned this trick AFTER i mounted my fork brace way too low.

Re: piute 1977 CB 750 F2 SADDLE BAGS / FAIRING/TRAILER HITCH (touring)

Piute

  Hey ,Ya just reminded me about that tech-tip ..Has Gattors

   That wobble bout had me my paints

Re: piute 1977 CB 750 F2 SADDLE BAGS / FAIRING/TRAILER HITCH (touring)

Piute
  Well finally got tired of the glare from scratched up windshield Thought I'd try this cheap stuff

                             Wind shield was made in 1980 Wind Jammer V

                                                So you tell me ,
before picture just looked dirty and filmy  but was clean,about like the round vent but not yellow took 1 out to get polished up ,will up date to compare the 2.

Re: piute 1977 CB 750 F2 SADDLE BAGS / FAIRING/TRAILER HITCH (touring)

  Long day
Oil cooler not going to be just a bolt on ,so put on back burner,Pulled faring (needs cracked filled and reinforced,put on balace ,but from others info the Vetters don't use them weighted balaces,Honda Line does.But still need  place to put wiring,thought of this,

 Couldn't use the headlght bracket cause the "T" for disc brakes in way ,Paul thought of this.

  peace of wax paper then couple layers of glass wax paper bolt on bracket custom cover,

                                      LIL/lots of  FILL with bracket be fine

Re: piute 1977 CB 750 F2 SADDLE BAGS / FAIRING/TRAILER HITCH (touring)

Sounds like you and Paul got it under control. Good deal.

Re: piute 1977 CB 750 F2 SADDLE BAGS / FAIRING/TRAILER HITCH (touring)

Piute
    Did all this N tank in one day(back killing me) was long

     plus it's crack the length along bottom,Poured resion inside a let roll to all corners and covered great

  grinded and prep n paint this wkend coming maybe

Re: piute 1977 CB 750 F2 SADDLE BAGS / FAIRING/TRAILER HITCH (touring)

Piute

    piute putt 1977 CB 750 F2 SADDLE BAGS / FAIRING/TRAILER HITCH Got Legs(lowers)
at 3am ,ISAAC came thru today drooped a Lil rain all day,I waited for it to turn to drizzle and Lil sun-rise before leaving to work,HEY these Legs are great cut the wind no vibration,Spoiled ya might say

  Thinking of making a lil build up were I noticed water puddled between them and faring,