'78K Resto-Mod-"HaCkJoB"

1234567 ... 40

Re: '78K Resto-Mod...name to come later

No.All that was meant for this bike,just using it for comparison.WB is "done",remember?

Re: '78K Resto-Mod...name to come later

Hellbilly429
Looking good shiny, are you keeping those people on the other forum posted so you can say, "whoever told me I couldn't do it, go bleep yourself!" You fill in the bleep, lol

Re: '78K Resto-Mod...name to come later

HAHA! It has crossed my mind to post pics once the arm is done.Should I???.....I think yes!

Re: '78K Resto-Mod...name to come later

Hellbilly429
I think hell yes, they might kick you off because they sound like pompous city people and won't like being proven wrong, but all the more reason to rub it in their faces!

Re: '78K Resto-Mod...name to come later

That would be an easy way to cancel my account over there! Great idea! I have one particular smiley I am dying to use over there when it comes time to leave...

Re: '78K Resto-Mod...name to come later

Hellbilly429
Ha! All I can think of is the simpson movie when homer jumps into the sinkhole and is flipping the mob off!

Re: '78K Resto-Mod...name to come later

slownugly007
HA! You can only post the "in your face" post if and only if you post a copy of it here or at least a link to it so I can read the reply.....pleeeeaaaaassssseeee!!!

Re: '78K Resto-Mod...name to come later

I just hate (and yes that is a strong word) those SOB alarmists that are, so quick to tell, you how/why not to do something. I wish they would all just hide in their homes, and never show their faces.

Re: '78K Resto-Mod...name to come later

Oh,I'll post it.I'm gonna be nice about it,but I do want to rub it in their faces.Childish,I know,but sometimes that kinda stuff feels good.But I'll be nice about it. A wise ol' pal warned me not to stoop to their level

Alarmist: good word man. I know what you mean. Some people just dont know how to have fun. One guy PM'ed me that I was building a death trap....whateverI'd rather take my chances on a poorly designed bike than wither away with cancer or some other disease.

Got my clips on from 1/2 Caf and some new wall paper for the barn

Dig this...Starbucks!!!HAHA I cracked up when I saw my package wrapped in this.The lady behind the counter just didn't get it when I said "That's goin' on the wall!"

Re: '78K Resto-Mod...name to come later

rrgunslinger
OOoooo...Starbucks!  I like me some of that.

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 11:19 PM, shinyribs [via Honda CB750'S] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Oh,I'll post it.I'm gonna be nice about it,but I do want to rub it in their faces.Childish,I know,but sometimes that kinda stuff feels good.

Alarmist: good word man. I know what you mean. Some people just dont know how to have fun. One guy PM'ed me that I was building a death trap....I'd rather take my chances on a poorly designed bike than wither away with cancer or some other disease.

Got my clips on from 1/2 Caf and some new wall paper for the barn

Dig this...Starbucks!!!HAHA I cracked up when I saw my package wrapped in this.The lady behind the counter just didn't get it.

Montvale,Virginia
 Piute said it best:  "wheres my 10mm?"
Hellbilly-"that is a great way to tell if you have come to your senses, when you start drilling random holes in things... "

LukeM-"Scooters rock, especially when they're in posse formation. "

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/78K-Resto-Mod-HaCkJoB-tp3941340p3987294.html
To start a new topic under Honda CB750'S, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Honda CB750'S, click here.
NAML

American by birth. Cowboy by choice! Vero Beach, FL http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo172/grandpaslinger/HD%20Road%20Glide/IMAG0046.jpg

Re: '78K Resto-Mod...name to come later

slownugly007
Oooooo me likey them clip-ons.... Now give em to me!! Haha what brand are those?

Re: '78K Resto-Mod...name to come later

Half-Caf
slownugly007 wrote
Haha what brand are those?
Vortex -only the best for MR. Ribs!
The best things in life are custom
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/halfscb
1980 cb750f SS
Chicago, IL

Re: '78K Resto-Mod...name to come later

^^^what he said^^^

Re: '78K Resto-Mod...name to come later

slownugly007
YUCK!? Vortex is terrible....now if you will just send them to me and I will throw them in the ocean down here...I swear!

Re: '78K Resto-Mod...name to come later

I believe Slow is out to get me...all I ask for is a curtain,he wants a rolling chassis with clip-ons in return. Do you sell used cars?Just messin' with ya.

 I really dig these clip-ons Half-Caf. I had no idea how nice they were! Dey nise!Thank you sir!

 Got my cans today.Why do they call 'em that? Cans? When I hear ''cans'' i think of...anyway,they're Guzzi mufflers.Set me back $50.Just had an idea.I think I'll run a tab on this build and keep it posted/updated.

Lets see,

the ''bike' was       $200
arm/shock               60
clipons                    60
cans ;)                   50
ZXforum        priceless!
tubing                      0    -cashed in a favor
-----------------------
                           $370
Sold off
unused parts         -   70
------------------------
current tab            $300

Got my lower shock linkage straightened out thanks to one of the guys from customfighters.com. Good to go now.Main shock hoop bent up and tacked in tonight.Amazingly,my H-F bender did an amazing job for once in it's life.Apparently it rocks when using smaller diameter tubing.

CANS!Full stainless construction,but darn heavy.The pair is 20lbs on the nose.Dang.I want them mounted up high,but i'm trying to eliminate top-weight.

Re: '78K Resto-Mod...name to come later

cityslicker
Just the mufflers are 20lbs?
thats insane..
I'd get a diferent set if I were you buddy... but all in all the SF is coming together. Since you used a dual headlight on your CAFE, are you going mono light on the SF?
Kinda backwards :)

I need a muffelr for my headers still,,, the one that came on the bike is completely hollow... and huge.. so I'm not a fan...

Re: '78K Resto-Mod...name to come later

I went away from the dual lites on the other bike. They were just utility lights from Northern like you would put on a tractor fender. Stock light is so much brighter. It'll be a single light on this one, too. Needs a grille for it if you run across one.

Re: '78K Resto-Mod...name to come later

Hellbilly429
I Still think you should run the glass packs, haha, jk. What if you put those muffles like halfway up the bike towards the back, kind of around where the stock battery location would be, that would eliminate top-weight but still put them up a little higher for you

Re: '78K Resto-Mod...name to come later

Thats a good idea cuz my battery wont be there so it should be doableGood call,man. They didnt seem as long when I first saw them as they do holding them up in place now. Found out these things come apart.Everything you see is just a cover,the actual muffler is totally sealed up inside. I might just end up trimming them down. I'm gonna rig up a y-pipe so I can hook them up to my bike and see how they sound before I do too much. Dont wanna build a whole exhaust system for mufflers that sound like poo. PO said they were very quiet ( they were stock mufflers after all) so they will needed to modded for sound anywho. Keep the ideas coming. I need them! I have no imagination right now and really have no clue where i'm going with this bike. Just one piece at a time for now.

Re: '78K Resto-Mod...name to come later

slownugly007
whaaaaaaaaaa!???? Man thats a great deal! Oh and I also need you to bend a piece of tubing for me an THEN ill send the curtain
1234567 ... 40