Mortal Vindication "Name did change"

1234 ... 12

Mortal Vindication "Name did change"

I cleaned the build table off, and started to gather some things I would need.

I can all ready see, I need more beer

Here is the victim, or I mean lucky subject A previously loved 76 CB 750 A.

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

Nice pump!Lets go bust some clays!Is that an SKS?  ...and brass knuckles?!?!    everything ok over there?     has the Revolution started without me?  MA! Git my gun    durn commies....

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

Carbine,shotgun,brass knuckle,bowie knife.beer and peanut m&m's....now that is a well prepared mechanic.Where is your BFH....you know...Big FARM Hammer??   If a 5 lb hammer won't fix it...must be an electrical problem

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

Peterwh
I really like your build table. I noticed it in a photo a couple of days ago. I'm going to make myself one. Did you incorporate any special features or is it just a simple flat table?  I was thinking a trough all round the edge for tools, fluids, etc might be useful.

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

I can not find my 3/4 drive impact The one under the sawzall is an SKS. 1953 Russian. The pump is a Winchester Model 12. 12 Gauge. Also a 1953. The Carbine (Hog Slayer) is a modified Enfield .303 . The Bowie is a K-bar, and yes those are brass knuckles I think I also might need some Twinkies.

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

No Peter nothing special. Just 32 inches wide X 8 feet long. 24 inches tall. Made a 2X6 frame 16 inch on center. Did install two eye bolts, for straps. In the front corners. Best $30.00 I ever spent. The idea of troughs sounds good. I would make them removable, so they would not be in the way of taking the bike on, and off.

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

 Yep more beer,(bottle wrap)Thats as bad as short on oil,Hat ...?
   Now your working RIGHT Or you having a Honda shoot with-out me,...Piute...

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

 I just put it on the table. Damn this thing is a lot heavier then Toolbabes bobber.

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

Love my SKS!Having trouble getting my scope mounted though. BTW,How DO you get them up there?

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

A scope on a SKS That's just wrong
I teach them to jump on command
I pick up the front, and set it on the table. Then pick up the back, and set it on the table.
Or I attach a ramp, and push them up

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

well....i guess a dumb question deserved thatwhat can i say.runnin' on 5 hrs sleep in last 2 days   yaaaawn   later

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

shinyribs wrote
well....i guess a dumb question deserved thatwhat can i say.runnin' on 5 hrs sleep in last 2 days   yaaaawn   later
Better tell Crystal to give, you a break

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

Shes outta town...that was all the break i needed....hope she never see this.BTW you got me to watching Supernatural.Not a bad show.Needs more females...ones that don't die or try to kill you

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

Yea. It's too realistic in that respect.

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

I have been making some plans, for this bike. I am going to use a DOHC swing arm (it is 1 inch longer), and a 16 inch Comstar wheel on the rear. I am still deciding on the front. I have a set of 6 inch over forks. I could use. With a stock spoke wheel, and duel disc breaks. This would require a lot of rake in the frame. I also have a DOHC K model front end (2 inches longer then the SOHC forks). I would need to use the stock spoke front wheel with single disc break (maybe paint/powdercoat the wheel black?) Or I could use the Comstar with only one disc. I also have a DOHC C model front end. (4 inches longer then the stock SOHC forks.) It has a 19 inch Comstar, and duel disc breaks, but the axle is mounted on the front of the forks. I am not fond of this look though.
I am also planning on Konging the frame. Maybe even adding a few inches of stretch.

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

Sounds like a plan! Can't wait to see progress pics!I am all about the build pics,love 'em

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

Peterwh
Tools, Sorry to be boring and go back to the table but I see the receiver for the front wheel now.  Seems like a neat idea.  Having thought about it some more, I was thinking about making the troughs just down the long sides with a purpose built, detachable ramp to get the bike on and off.  Also, I could permanently wire a bank of electrical sockets with a single connection to an extension.  That way I could connect inspection light, battery charger, etc, with minimum cabling across the floor.

A question about the height, do you feel 30 inches is comfortable?  If you made it again, would you go for higher or lower?

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

I'm sorry. I must have had a brain fart. It's 24 inches tall, and it is perfect. The power strip does sound like a good idea. I have one on the work bench behind it, so I really do not need it on mine. I made the chock out of scrap 2X6. I used 3 1/2 inch screws, and carriage bolts to make it. On Toolbabes Bobber it needed to be 3 inches wide. However on the Bob-A-Matic it needed to be 4 inches. I just took out the screws holding the sides, and moved them out.

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

I could not help myself. The sawzall was calling me I just had to do it. I cut the two tubes that go over the engine off. Then I started playing with some parts I have. What do, you think?

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

I love it!    Really opens it up.   Frames is not a gnats azz off the motor that way.    I dig it!!!
1234 ... 12