Mortal Vindication "Name did change"

12345 ... 12

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

Daddyman
Lookin good TOOLS, I wondered if that was an option.  Do you need to reinforce it or is it good like that?
Photobucket
---1976 CB750F CAFE---
     Florence, Colorado

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

It's good like that. There have been thousands of them cut off. Cycle one even does it with their hard tail frame conversions. I do not know why Honda even installed them. I think it was to keep people from doing their own engine work. You notice that the matics came with bent ones, so, the top end could be removed easily. I think they thought the matic buyer would not be the type to do his own work.

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

Never thought of that.I is really aggravating that you cannot remove the valve cover when the engine is in the frame.Only complaint i got about this bike so far

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

5 minutes with a sawzall, and no more complaining. Also Cycle-x makes a kit that makes them removable.

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

I had originally intended to build a rat bobber out of this bike. However when I got the brand new 4 into 2 exhaust system I kind of changed my mind. However after going to the greasearama this last weekend I am leaning back to a rat bobber.
I did some more playing around with parts today. What do, you guy's think?

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

I like the Kawi tank alot better!   The seat on the very bottom looks the best to me,but just because its the flattest. But i REALLY think you need to let me dispose of those shocks for you

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

I am really liking the tank also. I am thinking of lowering the tubes under the seat also. Might not go as low as a Konged frame. I do know I want semi-gloss black with a sprinkle of chrome.
Do, you need a set of shocks? I have at least 3 sets laying around. However I would recommend springing, for a set of progressively wound shocks like I just installed on the Toolmatic. best $90.00 I have spent in a long time.

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

I really appreciate the offer,and im sure i will get back with you on that,but im tapped out on bike money right now.I like the shocks with the chrome covers like yours,though im not dead set on that.Kinda old scholl i think.I dont know if my shocks are bad or not.If they clean up good i will just use them

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

I received a package from shinny today. It had some neat goodies, for the Bob-A-Matic. Even a surprise. A new O-ring chain. However the best were the cool pod air filters. But I am not sure about one of them. It seems there is something on it that might restrict airflow.

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

 I've always liked the lines of a Kaw tank but the SUZUKI one will look good on a cafe style bike due to leg dents...Piute ...I'd paint the block blk. so not to stand out

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

rich
You'll want to get that off that air filter right away. Send it to me, I'll dispose of it. Never mind, I'll got some old dirt bike parts that I'll send to him to see what he gifts me.

P. S. I'll take that shirt too! It's funny because it's true!
89 VN 750A - Given to son-in-law
79 CB 750K-sold 3 May 21
78 CB 750K
77 CB 750K
77 GL 1000 x 2
77 CB 550F
Holton, KS, US

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

Whew!!!Took long enough didnt it?   Hope that is the chain you wanted. Hope that was enough to cover everything

P.S.  Your sneaky-im-still-not-showing-my-mug did not go unnoticed ...crafty lil devil

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

You still owe me a beer.
Thanks, for the little extras. I did not expect them.

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

You earned it boss.I really appreciate everything you have done for me.Least i could do  Sorry for shorting you a clamp

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

Guess that makes up, for me shorting, you a rubber mount.

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

luky@sonic.net
If you make the table 22 inches tall then you can use one of those hydraulic lift tables to take your engine on and off with ease.

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

luky@sonic.net
Why not get a regular chain then you do not need all the fancy tools.

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

I have been thinking about pipes, for the Bob-A-Matic. If I decide to go Rat the new 4 into 2 will just not work. I went out, and dug through my pile of old pipes, and found these two old 4 into 1's.

I am afraid that they look like a cafe racer exhaust. I could wrap them. That would be cool, but they would still look like they belonged on a cafe racer.

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

We  could always trade

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

Bikes, or pipes?

12345 ... 12