Mortal Vindication "Name did change"

1 ... 6789101112

Re: Mortal Vindication "Name did change"

You know, your right. I should be going down to get it tomorrow.

Re: Mortal Vindication "Name did change"

Here is a link to pictures of my new hardtail section. http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh169/superdak/hardtail%20sohc%20auto/

Re: Mortal Vindication "Name did change"

Dang,That is nice!!!Those are some really beefy looking flanges

Re: Mortal Vindication "Name did change"

Red does good work. Check out Cycle one's web site.

Re: Mortal Vindication "Name did change"

I will.Can't wait to see this beast start going together

Re: Mortal Vindication "Name did change"

Just got home from picking up my hard tail section, and having Mexican food. Had a very good time visiting with Red, and Kate. Red's shop was pretty neat. Now I want to go out, and throw rocks at mine. He even has more bikes then I do. That will change.

Re: Mortal Vindication "Name did change"

The only person i know that has more bikes than you....is the local dealership

Re: Mortal Vindication "Name did change"

OK, I am getting started on installing the hard tail.

I stripped it down to the bare frame, and marked it, for the cuts. Before cutting I lined up the hard tail to the frame, by using the bottom rear motor mounts, and the bolt to make sure my marks were right. I used hose clamps as guides, for my cuts.

I then cut it apart, and drilled 3/8 holes, for plug welds.

The slug, for the backbone had to be slid down into the backbone on the hard tail, then slid yo into the backbone on the frame section after it was fitted onto the lower tubes. To do this I drilled a small hole in the backbone, and threaded a piece of MIG wire through the backbone. I then tack welded the MIG wire to the inside of the slug. I then used the MIG wire to pull the slug into position.

I then installed the engine, and tacked it together.

Re: Mortal Vindication "Name did change"

Piute

                                  You made that seem to easy ,do it again
                                 VERY NICE aready started saving parts for my change 1 day

Re: Mortal Vindication "Name did change"

I was wondering when this build was gonna resurface! Very cool man.Cant wait to see the rest of this.
                  Tuned in

Re: Mortal Vindication "Name did change"

It was easier then, you would think. Just measure twice, and cut once. Now comes the hard part. Putting everything else together.

Re: Mortal Vindication "Name did change"

Cycle1Kate1
You have all the good stuff, can't wait to see more!

Re: Mortal Vindication "Name did change"

I just hope I don't disappoint my audience.

Re: Mortal Vindication "Name did change"

It's on two wheels now. I installed the forks off a 1981 K model, and the wheels off a 1981 C model.

Re: Mortal Vindication "Name did change"

Nice!That thing is gonna be LOOOOOOOOW!  No pipes underneath,i suppose?

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

MarkPBG
I had a friend that used to use his engine hoist with some nylon straps to get his up on his home made table. Worked like a charm, but his garage was BIG, no worries about muscling around a bike at the end of a hoist and hitting anything.
Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

I have a son, and son-in-law that are into weight lifting. I have no problems getting heavy items moved around.

Re: The Bob-A-Matic!!! "Name might change later"

MarkPBG
So they just hoist it up there like this guy?

 http://bharathautos.com/john-abraham-lifts-a-bajaj-pulsar-150-kerb-weight-143kg.html

or like this guy?….

http://davedragon.rilysi.com/2008/03/man-lifts-motorcycle-on-head-rilysi.html

Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: Mortal Vindication "Name did change"

I put the engine back in, and got it set up on the table. I like the stance with the forks compressed 2 inches.

The bottom sits 1 inch higher in the front, and this is how it should be set up.

However I do not want to have the forks dropped in the trees. With the forks at the top the bottom is 2 inches higher in the front. I am thinking about raking the neck. It is at 33* right now, and I think I could go 35-36*, and be all right. I also ground off the crap on the top of the backbone, so the tank would sit flush.

Toolbabe took it, for a spin around the build table, and, so did I.

Re: Mortal Vindication "Name did change"

Haha!Toolbabe sure is smiling big!And i see you still have your maskWhen you smoothed the seam off the backbone did you have to weld that are shut?I would imagine it would leave a gap.That thing does have a really nice stance.Can you cut some of the length off of the front springs to let the forks collapse some?Car guy idea,might not relate to bikes.I dunno.Looks good big guy
1 ... 6789101112