Random Thoughts

1 ... 5051525354

Re: Random Thoughts

free2ride
TOOLS1 wrote
. . . so I can start boring cylinders.
I won't say it, I won't say it, I won't say it . . .
"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston S. Churchill

Most motorcyclists live more in five minutes than other people do in their entire lives.

when you mix religion with politics you get politics

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)

Re: Random Thoughts

I compared my 78 cb to a friends 81 virago. No competition. The honda was just so much better. Even after all these years, the honda, while rough looking now, still tends to be more mechanically sound than most any brand even from the 80s.

Re: Random Thoughts

Just looking at my water bill, how in the hell can one man and a small dog use 2244 gallons of water in 30 days? That is 74.8 gallons a day.

Re: Random Thoughts

OnyxWolf
Check for leaks...sister in law just had a 200+ water bill after a leak that lasted a full month unnoticed.
'79 CB750K

Somewhere in Phoenix...Damn its hot

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. ~ Second Amendment of the United States

Re: Random Thoughts

I have checked for leaks several times in the 6 years I have lived in this house. The city owns the water company, and I along with a lot of other people believe the city is price gouging.

Re: Random Thoughts

Ya know....KLR's help reduce utility costs...

But really, that's just wrong.

My place is full electric, so all of my "utilities" are on my light bill.  Heatpump, electric furnace and a well pump in a spring house. My light bill last month was $54. In the dog days of summer it was $90. Last winter with the heat going was running around $75. No clue why it's cheaper to heat the joint than it is to cool it....except I've added a woman to the house since then.  I don't think she's happy unless the washing machine is running...

Never being inside the house helps keep the utilities down.

Re: Random Thoughts

When I lived in South Carolina I had the exact same setup. The electric bill was very similar to yours, and I even had to water 3 horses, 5 goats, too many chickens, and several calves.

Re: Random Thoughts

free2ride
shinyribs wrote
My place is full electric, so all of my "utilities" are on my light bill.  Heatpump, electric furnace and a well pump in a spring house. My light bill last month was $54. In the dog days of summer it was $90. Last winter with the heat going was running around $75.
that is just sad.

$135 a month, equal billing, rates go up 2ce a year.

highest electric rates in North America, driving industry away; our government says "but we have to go green" and signs ridiculous contracts to green companies and pays them 10 x what it costs to produce, then sells excess electricity to New York at a loss.

otoh, we don't have to decide between Trump and Hillary!
"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston S. Churchill

Most motorcyclists live more in five minutes than other people do in their entire lives.

when you mix religion with politics you get politics

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)

Re: Random Thoughts

free2ride
I remember once when my dad gave me money to pay the electricity bill but instead I bought a lottery ticket for a brand new car. When I got home, I explained to my dad what I did and he beat the crap out of me. But the next day, when my dad woke up and opened the door, outside my house was a brand new car. We all cried especially me, because the car was from the electricity company, they were there to cut off the electricity, my dad beat the crap out of me again.

[ok, may be in the wrong thread, but so what? be nice, it's coming Christmas]
"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston S. Churchill

Most motorcyclists live more in five minutes than other people do in their entire lives.

when you mix religion with politics you get politics

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)

Re: Random Thoughts

HONDA = Harley Owners Need Dreams Also

Re: Random Thoughts

free2ride wrote
I remember once when my dad gave me money to pay the electricity bill but instead I bought a lottery ticket for a brand new car. When I got home, I explained to my dad what I did and he beat the crap out of me. But the next day, when my dad woke up and opened the door, outside my house was a brand new car. We all cried especially me, because the car was from the electricity company, they were there to cut off the electricity, my dad beat the crap out of me again.

[ok, may be in the wrong thread, but so what? be nice, it's coming Christmas]
  I gotta huge laugh outta this

Re: Random Thoughts

piute 2
I think you should get yo azz beat each year as a remembrance,
 For those long hasbeen here , Judose deid end of Oct.. got a new pup now.
 he was the best friend anyone could have.
   still think you need a update azz beating......

Re: Random Thoughts

What do you reckon my chances are of fitting a V4 ( 750 Magna) into a SOHC 750 frame?

Also...

What do you reckon my chances are of fitting a spoked wheel to the shaft drive setup from a Magna? Interchangeable with Shadow parts, perhaps??

Re: Random Thoughts

Truck
Not sure if this helps, but I have found that some Goldwing shaft rims will fit DOHC's. Might want to check them out.
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: Random Thoughts

I have a spoke Gold Wing wheel and drive unit. If you had to you could always make up a custom drive shaft to mate the two together. You are welcome to the wheel if you want it.

Re: Random Thoughts

Truck
If he isn't interested I may be.
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: Random Thoughts

I wonder how the hub works on the GL shaft wheel. Would it require using the swingarm? I don't see why you couldn't lock the hub the same way you do with a brake stay.

Reason for this, I can't get motivated to work on Hackjob. I think it's because it's another CB, and I've had a few of those. As much as I love the single cam motors, I just want a new challenge.

Thinking about putting the V4 I've got here in that bike. Shaft drive would be so nice, if the gearing works out ok. Choosing your own gearing is definitely a benefit of a chain.

Re: Random Thoughts

 A titled XL500S found me. I'm going to take a look at it in the morning. Highly likely I will buy it for the price he wants, as long as it's not a heap once I see it in person.

Might give the forum it's first single cylinder thread...

Re: Random Thoughts

Kicked her through a few times and no signs of life. Remembered I needed to turn the key and fired up on the next kick after that! So, shad mine now. :)

Re: Random Thoughts

And by now you should have a really nice shop to put it in.

1 ... 5051525354