Trip Planning: Summer 2013

Re: Trip Planning: Summer 2013

free2ride
ran into a bit of construction on the road yesterday. snapped this after I passed through the really bad stuff [all 4 ways of the intersection 6-10 inches or more of the dirt, a hundred plus yards of plowing through. I was not amused].

"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston S. Churchill

Most motorcyclists live more in five minutes than other people do in their entire lives.

when you mix religion with politics you get politics

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)

Re: Trip Planning: Summer 2013

free2ride
tomorrow I'm back on the road for a couple of days after 10 days with my in-laws [good thing my wife was here for a visit!].

we were out yesterday and saw . . .

looks fancy; lotsa people actually asked me if they minded if they took a pictures of it [I was getting ready to head off at the time]; I said "no, I don't mind" [don't know how the owner felt].

it's an ego bike for sure.
"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston S. Churchill

Most motorcyclists live more in five minutes than other people do in their entire lives.

when you mix religion with politics you get politics

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)

Re: Trip Planning: Summer 2013

seestheday
Dan, that master belt spinning right below my leg would freak me out.
1981 CB750K with 900 cams
90K KM's, rebuilt head, rebuilt carbs, upgraded valve stem seals

My wife's recipe website that I'm trying to help promote: Strawberries for supper. Yes, I am a lucky man.

My cb750 video site

Re: Trip Planning: Summer 2013

Who is the good looking blonde with the Honda(?)?

Re: Trip Planning: Summer 2013

free2ride
shinyribs wrote
Who is the good looking blonde with the Honda(?)?
listen up, shiny . . . or listen up, shiny [about 1:14 in]
"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston S. Churchill

Most motorcyclists live more in five minutes than other people do in their entire lives.

when you mix religion with politics you get politics

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)

Re: Trip Planning: Summer 2013

free2ride
through the mountains, by the rivers . . . what a great couple of days. now on Vancouver Island [google map highway 4; heading to Tofino Sunday and back Monday], then [sigh] starting home Tuesday.

once again the day was made better by n2 people coming up to me and talking bikes, trips taken [one guy said that he celebrated his 65th birthday by riding across Canada, one ocean to the other] . . . and giving thumbs up to my bike [trying to join the club and come up with a name: the white lady? the white queen?] because it is in such great shape.
"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston S. Churchill

Most motorcyclists live more in five minutes than other people do in their entire lives.

when you mix religion with politics you get politics

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)

Re: Trip Planning: Summer 2013

free2ride
ride through the mountains and hit a beach day. which meant, of course, that it was a damp and dreary and dismal and drizzly day. 17C/63F. bah.

the other bah: tomorrow is my last "free" day. A shortish ride, a wade in the Pacific, a hot dog and cinnamon bun at a little stand I found out here a couple of years ago, then a quick [sorta] ride home and back to work the first week of September.

ah well, it was fun while it lasted!
"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston S. Churchill

Most motorcyclists live more in five minutes than other people do in their entire lives.

when you mix religion with politics you get politics

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)

Re: Trip Planning: Summer 2013

free2ride
shinyribs wrote
There's nothing like being in your own bed at night. I guess I must have missed something,but I had no idea you were out on a long haul! I hope you're taking pics.
and it's almost over. pushed it today: 11 hours on and OFF the bike. lots of breaks. just tired of the road. tomorrow . . . home. wife thinks Wednesday or probably Thursday. don't know if just showing up is a good thing or not.

lots of pics, but more family remembrances than anything else.

however . . .

best exploring day, thanks to Sarge, who "sent me up the river". we don't have A&W drive-ins up here [just drive-thrus]

my dad was instrumental in getting this plane on display -- 40-something years ago

on Vancouver island

roads made for riding

the old girl, 14,000km [on the nose!] into the trip . . . with a little over 700 to go!

"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston S. Churchill

Most motorcyclists live more in five minutes than other people do in their entire lives.

when you mix religion with politics you get politics

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)

Re: Trip Planning: Summer 2013

free2ride wrote

my dad was instrumental in getting this plane on display -- 40-something years ago
That is just absolutely awesome!

I hate to hear you say you're tired of the road. Just do what it takes to enjoy yourself. Take it easy. Be careful. Have fun. Catch ya later.

 How'd I miss this? LOL. Warning received.

Re: Trip Planning: Summer 2013

free2ride
shinyribs wrote
I hate to hear you say you're tired of the road.
well, I'm not really tired of the road. I'm tired and sore . . . and missing the good looking blonde
"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston S. Churchill

Most motorcyclists live more in five minutes than other people do in their entire lives.

when you mix religion with politics you get politics

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)

Re: Trip Planning: Summer 2013

free2ride
I'm home. 14,700km [approx.] later.

a go-over of the bike tomorrow -- pretty dirty, used some oil -- or maybe just blow-back.

my own bed tonight . . . and tomorrow . . . start planning the next trip!
"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston S. Churchill

Most motorcyclists live more in five minutes than other people do in their entire lives.

when you mix religion with politics you get politics

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)

Re: Trip Planning: Summer 2013

cdaiscool

Glad you had fun! I'm jealous.

On Aug 20, 2013 9:09 PM, "free2ride [via Honda CB750'S]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm home. 14,700km [approx.] later.

a go-over of the bike tomorrow -- pretty dirty, used some oil -- or maybe just blow-back.

my own bed tonight . . . and tomorrow . . . start planning the next trip!
Chickens: the only animals you eat before they are born and after they are dead.

"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Trip-Planning-Summer-2013-tp4039727p4045012.html
To unsubscribe from Trip Planning: Summer 2013, click here.
NAML
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Trip Planning: Summer 2013

Good news Free. Glad you made it back with no bad news!

Re: Trip Planning: Summer 2013

free2ride
14,725 km. 2 oil changes. 6 litres of oil on top of that [mostly blow back; fine as long as I stayed under 110km/hr, once I hit 120 it got messy]. 1 broken turn signal, 1 broken mirror case [a guy I stayed with moved the bike so he could get at his car; it was heavier than he thought], 1 broken clutch lever [my fault, I was pulling out of a gas station and was cut off, stopped too short and leaned over too far]. 1 very sore back.

no complaints at all . . . safe and sound at home . . . even took my daughter for a ride last night. all I have to do now is wait for the credit card bill to come in, pay it, and plan the next trip -- out east. mid-September I have a two-day trip [weather permitting]. The drive/ride is 4½ hours each way, the meeting lasts 9-noon. a great excuse for a ride, though.
"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston S. Churchill

Most motorcyclists live more in five minutes than other people do in their entire lives.

when you mix religion with politics you get politics

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)

Re: Trip Planning: Summer 2013

free2ride
oh, and one lost key. walked into a restaurant with it, walked out without it, went back in and it was nowhere to be found.

whoever suggested that you take an extra key along on a long ride/trip . . .
"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston S. Churchill

Most motorcyclists live more in five minutes than other people do in their entire lives.

when you mix religion with politics you get politics

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)

Re: Trip Planning: Summer 2013

easyrider12
Hey Free2!, Just finished up reading page 4-5 of your journey.  I think we can go ahead and award you the iron man trophy for this summer's roadtrips.  I can't believe nearly 15000km, WOW.  Way to represent Canadian members.   I on the other hand started off the summer by going to Nfld in a car instead of my bike and staycationed it the rest of the way,  now one week from labour day and I'm riding the couch with a swollen eye infection.  Probably not riding much further than the grocery store! lol.   Anyhow cheers and congrats.
most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handelbars to the saddle.