new member

Re: new member

chris72
Thanks shinyribsh

Re: new member

chris72
New clutch and brake levers and master cylinder came today.  First parts woo-hoo. Wondering where stator cover is??? Also the starter sounds shot. I was looking at rebuild kits but found a starter for $55 bucks so I ordered that today.

Re: new member

That would cost around $800.00 a wheel. However spoked CB wheels are every where.

Re: new member

chris72
Well guys I started to feel like this project was going to nickel and dime me to death. Costs of oem parts, used oem parts are kind of crazy. So I weighed time and expense that it would take to get it to the point I wanted to start actually modifying it and it didn't make sense. So I sold it this morning... however???

Re: new member

chris72
This!!!

Re: new member

chris72
Om gosh why is it upside down, lol.

Re: new member

I never knew Dunlop's could be so sticky.

SOLD IT?!

Just takes time looking for deals. You can usually find a decent pair of wire rims for about $100.

Re: new member

chris72
I would kill for a set at $100. Does anyone happen to know the fork diameter? The risers on these bike are weird how they're all integrated. I also want way smaller gauges and the bars to come straight out to the sides so im thinking clip on for this? There's some kind of noise when riding. When I test drove it yesterday I just thought something was loose which the seller said it was the gauge pod. I think it's actually coming from the engine. I thought it a have been cam chain noise but after reading a post here maybe it's the carbs out of sync. So I ordered a carb syncing kit. Wanted one anyways. If that does not fix it I'll try the cam chain adjustment. Looking for a brat style seat. Found some on ebay but they're $300 with shipping for the ones I like and coming from.vietnam. also, the descriptions all say black. I want to try and stay true to the silo pic as much as I can. A friend said her mother could probably sew the cover for me so I may just take the stock one apart shave down some material. Also starting to look at the seat hoops.  I wish the tank were flush under the honda badges since the privious owner just had it painted. It looks good but I kind of want what I saw in the build I'm going after. I was looking at trumpet style tips but am unsure how to tie them in to the ends of the exhaust right now. Would be considerably cheaper than buying four trumpet style mufflers.

Re: new member

So the silver bike you sold,  is that the green bike? You painted it and sold it, and now you bought another CB? I'm confused? Who's on first?

Re: new member

chris72
I sold the green one it was missing more than I wanted to deal with  so it is gone. I replaced it with the grey one. Both yesterday.

Re: new member

Ahh, I see. lol. Alright, I'm with you now. Well upside down Sally has some nice looking paint!

Oh, and DOHC forks are 35mm.

Re: new member

chris72
Yeah the previous owner just had it painted. I really wanted to make the tank like the one I am using as a reference but I'm also trying to build it relatively inexpensively since I just dump a bunch in the bobber I recently finished so the wife doesn't kill me. I'm already getting the why do you need another motorcycle question lol.

Re: new member

chris72
So looking into lowering options I see people talking about lowering blocks however I cannot seem to find any? Anyone know where?

Re: new member

There is a set on ebay right now. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-HONDA-CB750K-CB-750-K-CB550-CB900-GL-GS-KONI-REAR-SHOCK-LOWERING-BRACKETS-/331617961516?hash=item4d35f8862c&vxp=mtr

Re: new member

chris72
Thanks. I actually just ordered a set of lowering shocks from dime city cycles. I saw TOOLS write-up for lowering the front end. Any issues with doing this on an 82'?

Re: new member

Nope. They're damper rod forks,just like the SOHC's. Chop away.

Re: new member

chris72
Sweet! Thank you.

Re: new member

chris72
Could anyone point me to s shop manual for an 82'? The one here seems incomplete.

Re: new member

chris72
I found the manual. Has anyone done a cam chain adjustment on a dohc? Could you some help.

Re: new member

chris72
Does anyone know if I can fit larger tires? Especially in the front...
123456