new member

Re: new member

chris72
Starting to make some progress.

Re: new member

chris72
So I have a question for tools or anyone who can answer. When I cut the springs in the forks do I use less oil when refilling them?

Re: new member

No, you do not use less oil. The length of the spring has nothing to do with the dampening system.

Re: new member

chris72

Thanks I wasn't sure. I was assuming the space inside would be less because it was compressed more. So do I just dump it back in the top? Then add air? I'm assuming there is an air fitting under the acorn nut on the right fork top. I bout a Clymer manual, just have not gotten that far yet.

Christopher Gordon

On Aug 12, 2015 12:15 PM, "TOOLS1 [via Honda CB750'S]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
No, you do not use less oil. The length of the spring has nothing to do with the dampening system.

1977 CB 750-K X 2

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/new-member-tp4057763p4058073.html
To unsubscribe from new member, click here.
NAML

Re: new member

chris72
Bought

Re: new member

Yes, that is correct. Bought a Clymer manual huh. You like fictional humor? Download the Factory Service Manual from the manual thread at the top of the home page here.

Re: new member

chris72
Lol, that bad huh. Thanks. I looked at it before and thought it was incomplete. Don't remember why I thought that.

Re: new member

chris72
  So I noticed when I took out the battery box there is an opening that appears to be going into the stock airbox. Am I messing a cover or something here or is this just how it is? May need to take a better pic.

Re: new member

chris72

Got a seat hoop off ebay that was advertised as for a dohc cb750c. Of course it was about half an inch too wide. So I cut it up and welded it back together.

Re: new member

chris72

Mayne one of the ad mins can fix my pics lol not sure why they are sideways. Test fit the clip ons. I think they look great.

Re: new member

chris72
Maybe*

Re: new member

We can move your posts, but we can't edit them. The image posting options here don't provide an editing function to rotate pics, you'd have to do that before you post them. Aren't compoopers fun?

Re: new member

chris72
Sos. Is there a trick to getting the front wheel shafts out? It's unscrewed and refuses to come out.

Re: new member

Just keep twisting the axle in its holders and maybe trying spraying some penetration oil in there. Sometimes they get stubborn if they've been in there for a long time.

Re: new member

chris72

Thanks I actually got it out with a 2x4 and a mallet.

Chris

On Aug 20, 2015 9:57 PM, "shinyribs [via Honda CB750'S]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just keep twisting the axle in its holders and maybe trying spraying some penetration oil in there. Sometimes they get stubborn if they've been in there for a long time.
A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.~George Washington

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/new-member-tp4057763p4058216.html
To unsubscribe from new member, click here.
NAML

Re: new member

When you reinstall it, be sure to coat it with grease. Never put an axle in dry.

Re: new member

chris72

It's funny you say that I just ordered a tub of maxima waterproof grease.

Chris

On Aug 20, 2015 11:24 PM, "TOOLS1 [via Honda CB750'S]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
When you reinstall it, be sure to coat it with grease. Never put an axle in dry.

1977 CB 750-K X 2

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/new-member-tp4057763p4058224.html
To unsubscribe from new member, click here.
NAML

Re: new member

chris72

Got an aluminum sheet to make a seat pan.

Re: new member

chris72

Lots of cutting, grinding and bending.

Re: new member