80 CB750 Supersport

Re: 80 CB750 Supersport

masiste
 Nice job. Love Club Man Bars.

About the chain guard.... I took it away for a while. Looks sportier w/o it for sure.  But the only way to keep a chain strong and durable ( if you ride your bike a lot like I do. If it is only a few miler a year bike, you might get away with it ).... is by using plenty chain lube. Needless to say, got tired of all that gunk around the tail and rear side handles. Rear tire and wheel as well. Anytime I wanted to stand the bike on its center stand....yuck !  not good specially if walking into a work related meeting in a suit/tie white shirt with oily hands.

I put it back on.  I am thinking about thinning it out. Also making a smaller ( thinner) version in aluminum would be an answer to me.
750DOHC

Re: 80 CB750 Supersport

masiste
Nice !

Re: 80 CB750 Supersport

Hoosier Daddy
Just checkin in to see that you got my e-mail on the cap and latch... I'm Rhosco@******.***
81 Honda CB750C - Current Project
67 BSA Spitfire MkIII - Next Up (Full Resto)
81 Honda GL1100 - Bob / Cafe´
80 Suzuki GS750L - Bratstyle
72 Honda CB450K5 - Basket Case
73 Honda CB350F Cafe' (Gone but not forgotten)

Don't wait for opportunity to knock... kick the door down and drag the old harlot in!

RE: 80 CB750 Supersport

Billman3000

Here is what I have.

Just checkin in to see that you got my e-mail on the cap and latch... I'm [hidden email]

81 Honda CB750C - Current Project
67 BSA Spitfife MkIII - Next Up (Full Resto)

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/80-CB750-Supersport-tp4025187p4031739.html

To unsubscribe from 80 CB750 Supersport, click here.
NAML

DSC_0327.JPG (3M) Download Attachment
DSC_0328.JPG (3M) Download Attachment
DSC_0330.JPG (3M) Download Attachment

RE: 80 CB750 Supersport

Hoosier Daddy
Looks good! I'll get my tank down and check the measurements. Maybe try and cross reference the part numbers.
 Let me know how much shipped to 46755.
THANKS!!!
81 Honda CB750C - Current Project
67 BSA Spitfire MkIII - Next Up (Full Resto)
81 Honda GL1100 - Bob / Cafe´
80 Suzuki GS750L - Bratstyle
72 Honda CB450K5 - Basket Case
73 Honda CB350F Cafe' (Gone but not forgotten)

Don't wait for opportunity to knock... kick the door down and drag the old harlot in!

Re: 80 CB750 Supersport

masiste
 Well, got my bike in line. ready to start it today afty work. Yesterday it did crank good, but it's been more than a mo w/o moving so the carbs might have been dried up. Did not want to chew up the battery so will do later in the day.

 Once started I got some parts I will be adding. I will take photos and open a thread.

  How's yours going ?

   Keep the good work going on !
750DOHC

Re: 80 CB750 Supersport

Larry spillman
I am 71 yrs old i have done a 100 bikes and I get them after someone takes a perfectly good bike apart throws all the parts in plastic bins and forgets what they have started I buy them cheap and restore them and sell them at fair market value.After you take this bike apart call me and I will buy it from you as my next project.Of course I wont pay full price as it will have no value as a project.Keep it together and running if you want to see what makes them tick buy a project .

Re: 80 CB750 Supersport

Piute

       IF we didn't take them apart we wouldn't know whats in side
               and you wouldn't have anything to do ...LET RIDE

Re: 80 CB750 Supersport

Hoosier Daddy
SHHHHHHHH Larry
You're gonna blow it... they'll hear you!
81 Honda CB750C - Current Project
67 BSA Spitfire MkIII - Next Up (Full Resto)
81 Honda GL1100 - Bob / Cafe´
80 Suzuki GS750L - Bratstyle
72 Honda CB450K5 - Basket Case
73 Honda CB350F Cafe' (Gone but not forgotten)

Don't wait for opportunity to knock... kick the door down and drag the old harlot in!

RE: 80 CB750 Supersport

Billman3000

Whatever dude. My café racer is about 72 hours from being back on the road. Sorry, you will never own it. Go try and disrespect someone else.

I am 71 yrs old i have done a 100 bikes and I get them after someone takes a perfectly good bike apart throws all the parts in plastic bins and forgets what they have started I buy them cheap and restore them and sell them at fair market value.After you take this bike apart call me and I will buy it from you as my next project.Of course I wont pay full price as it will have no value as a project.Keep it together and running if you want to see what makes them tick buy a project .

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/80-CB750-Supersport-tp4025187p4032445.html

To unsubscribe from 80 CB750 Supersport, click here.
NAML

RE: 80 CB750 Supersport

Billman3000 wrote
Whatever dude. My café racer is about 72 hours from being back on the road.
Sorry, you will never own it. Go try and disrespect someone else.

Atta boy

Re: 80 CB750 Supersport

Hoosier Daddy
jaimesix wrote
Well, got my bike in line. ready to start it today afty work. Yesterday it did crank good, but it's been more than a mo w/o moving so the carbs might have been dried up. Did not want to chew up the battery so will do later in the day.

 Once started I got some parts I will be adding. I will take photos and open a thread.

  How's yours going ?

   Keep the good work going on !
Did you get it started?? I have been waiting for an update that rubs it in someones face! Need any help?
81 Honda CB750C - Current Project
67 BSA Spitfire MkIII - Next Up (Full Resto)
81 Honda GL1100 - Bob / Cafe´
80 Suzuki GS750L - Bratstyle
72 Honda CB450K5 - Basket Case
73 Honda CB350F Cafe' (Gone but not forgotten)

Don't wait for opportunity to knock... kick the door down and drag the old harlot in!

Re: 80 CB750 Supersport

masiste
Hi,

   Busy going after a new laptop. Checking offers  by Fry's, CostCo and Best Buy. Circuit City has some good on line stuff.

   My bike,had a hard time with my on line filter. Finally found one that has a 90 degree nipple. Looks great. It is kind of late now but tomorrow first thinkg am will put it on.

   Planning on going to the Junk Yard. Was told there is one Datsun I am after. It is all fun to collectall kinds of stuff, metric bolts, rubber groments and stuff you can not get anywhere even with money on hand.

  Will post pics of this filter. The other ones with nipples on the ends require a long hose loop. A small one ( straight nipples at 180 degrees) I found has the nipples way to thin and leaked nomatter how hard I adjusted the clamps.

From: Hoosier Daddy [via Honda CB750'S] <[hidden email]>
To: "jaimesix" <[hidden email]>
Date: Friday, November 23, 2012, 5:50 AM

jaimesix wrote
Well, got my bike in line. ready to start it today afty work. Yesterday it did crank good, but it's been more than a mo w/o moving so the carbs might have been dried up. Did not want to chew up the battery so will do later in the day.

 Once started I got some parts I will be adding. I will take photos and open a thread.

  How's yours going ?

   Keep the good work going on !
Did you get it started?? I have been waiting for an update that rubs it in someones face! Need any help?
81 Honda CB750C - Current Project
67 BSA Spitfife MkIII - Next Up (Full Resto)
81 Honda GL1100 - Bob / Cafe´
80 Suzuki GS750L - Bratstyle
72 Honda CB450K5 - Basket Case
73 Honda CB350F Cafe' (Gone but not forgotten)

Don't wait for opportunity to knock... kick the door down and drag the old harlot in!

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/80-CB750-Supersport-tp4025187p4032586.html
To unsubscribe from 80 CB750 Supersport, click here.
NAML
750DOHC

Re: 80 CB750 Supersport

masiste
CoolBronze Element Small and SwiftFuel Filter.Hi.

   Pics as promissed.

    Was looking for a metal / aluminum alloy filter. Like those that can be opened and cleaned up with replaceable elements but none in 90 degree configuration.

    Planning on attaching a metal curved bar on the upper hose connecting filter to petcock.That way the filter will sit away from engine heat, almost on top of carb port.Its delivering hose straight down at feeding port.

    My gas tank looks clean but it is old, anytime a piece of matter could sail free into the abyss of the feeding port and that is not something I want to be compelled to deal with.

    The filter has a bronze element. Looks good. Found good reviews on line.

    Think the pics are a little too large   I donot know how to re size them.

   Will open a thread page formy bike soI donot end up hijacking other pages.  But this filter thing is good for all of us !
750DOHC

Re: 80 CB750 Supersport

masiste
 Hi Hossier Daddy.

    Answering to your previous inquiry, no I did not enjoy a ride this ThxGiving.

    Fitted the filter. Still does not start.

    Guess I wil ltry again after work w/o a filter, straight line. Just wanted to use and still want to use the in line filter because my tank although clean, has some rust and I do not want to get the carbs in jeopardy.  No chunks of rust at all but if I run my finger against the inside I get rust / redish on my finger or rag.  ( reason why Iam hunting down a spare gas tank to work on it.)

     I suspect not enough gas is reaching the carbs, perhaps not enough to create flow.

     Would be nice to find fuel lines with turns, like an elbow shape. Thing is each curve the fuel line takes, small as it may be, because there is not natural curving, hose needs extra space or else  tends to lift up.

     I have the petcock and FF paralell to ea other. Fuel F is located on top of carbie feeding port. Small hose as small as it can be ( fuel flter nipple almost touching carb feeding nipple.) to keep F F level ( its intake nipple ) with petcock. Fuel Filter seats like a cone,like an indian tent ( see above photos.)  Flow leaves FF through bottom of tent nipple. Way it is build ( bike) pertcock port and carb feeding port are almost level.

     Line from petcock to inlet FF nipple runs almost horizontal, a small upward slope from petcock to FF nipple.  In order to create full downward slope, I would need to shorten line between filter and carburetor. Not possible unless I cut piece of filter exit nipple. ( or lay filter on its side. See bellow.)

     The way it is assembled as described shows only a small amount of fuel at the bottom of filter.  If you look at filter photos ( standing like an indian tent ) filter has fuel only to the bottom edge, to where the double / double step edge shows.  From bottom up you have one wider step,then a smaller step, then the sillouette would follow the side of the cone upwards. Gas shows only to the area where the side of the cone meets the 2 steps.

     I think the filter should be full to the top or at least close to top.  Need advise if anyone has actually loked at your filter, specially if anyone using this particular filter.

     I will try a direct line. Just to see if my contraption is the culprit.

     If I could get an elbow ( Fuel line elbow ) then I could turn the filter on its side ( instead of standing as described.)  That would allow me to drop the filter down closer to carburetors. That would create a pronounced downward slope from petcock to filter.  Then the elbow would connect exit port on filter to carb feeding port.  W/o an elbow, a regular fuel line would need too much distance to clear the turn. Want to use as less fuel line as possible. An elbow would alow lowest positioning for fuel filter close to carb feeding port  w/o height or distance isues.

750DOHC

Re: 80 CB750 Supersport

Rich Ard
Subscribed for the schadenfreude...
i got wiring loose inside my head :: my 450 K5 build thread :: my XV920 build thread

Re: 80 CB750 Supersport

Roadracer22
Billman,

I am interested in the complete stock exhaust if it is available

Mark

Re: 80 CB750 Supersport

Billman3000
Ok, I started a new job last Nov. Due to that and the weather, progress slowed. But here are some new picks and I started the bike and rode it on Sunday. It still needs some work and the ride that lasted 10 minutes brought out some issues. Some that I knew would come up and some that I did not.

Re: 80 CB750 Supersport

Billman3000
Some of the issues,
The speedometer read 60 mph when I was doing 30. (It's after market for a car?)
The throttle does not return/pullback. (due to the short handlebars and routing by new tank)
The wingnuts that held the seat on, vibrated off. gone?? (need to rethink that)
Clearly need a "rear set". (i'm to old to ride with my knees at my chest)

The good news... no gas leaks (major good news), lights all work, brakes (new front hand brake) works. The custom cable I had made for the speedometer does work.