CB 750 F DOHC.

1234 ... 6

CB 750 F DOHC.

masiste
 Here my bike.

 Now with some CR 31 Keihin. CB900F cams. CBR 600 coils. CB900F oil pump, cooler and pan.

 Rear shocks just rebuild by Works Performance. Front corks upgraded with Race Tech Cartridge Emulators.

 Front brakes are CBX 1000 ProLink rotors and calipers.

 Front and rear wheels are stock design Comstar. Front is a little wider (CBX1000) yet Comstar. Rear is also Comstar (like these wheels, spoked) but widened from stock width of 2.5 to 5.5 with wider tire accompanying wheel (170/60/18).

  It is a nice package, joy to ride.CB750F DOHC
750DOHC

Re: CB 750 F DOHC.

masiste
One  more photo. Sorry it is my phone camera. Makes no justice to "Porsche Orange" color. Got inspired when I saw the latest Porsche 911 in Orange with black wheels and trim. Factory color .

750DOHC

Re: CB 750 F DOHC.

masiste
Added a Catch Can for a sealed crankcase ventilation sustem.
750DOHC

Re: CB 750 F DOHC.

masiste
Fits within battery area, where evicted stock air box used to reside. Attached to battery cage.
750DOHC

Re: CB 750 F DOHC.

masiste
Almost Taylor made.

No worries with moisture, dust or other uninvited elements having a free passage into engine block.
750DOHC

Re: CB 750 F DOHC.

masiste
Not intruding at all. Not visible unless you actively look for it.
750DOHC

Re: CB 750 F DOHC.

That's really cool. Where did you find it?

Re: CB 750 F DOHC.

masiste
This post was updated on .
The Catch Can Bottle ? Those are sold at major performance parts shops online, like JEGS, SUMMIT ( the 2 I know have it)

If you have the stock carburetors together with the stock air filter  housing then this Crankcase Ventilation Bottle would be an improvement because although the stock carbs have within the stock air filter (factory air filter housing) provisions for the crankcase hoses to hook up, those factory provisions re direct crankcase saturated hot and oily fumes into your carburetors.  not great.

If you use pod filters ( no factory air filter housing) then the right thing to do is to use one of these bottles (any brand you like, but a vented bottle) because your crankcase ventilation hoses would have no way to hook up to the pod filter units.

That would not be advisable anyway, ( hooking your crankcase hoses directly onto pod filters)  you would not want to send hot, oily misty dirty saturated air into your carbs which need cool, clean flow of air.

By using this CR set up, I have no choice.  Well, there are two other options.  I would not recomend either.

One option would be to hang the hoses off the bottom of frame. That would allow moisture, dirt and grim into engine block. The engine releases hot saturated air  through hoses but it also sucks in clean air, any air mass exiting block has to be replaced by air entering block.

So bare open hoses is not a good proposition.

The most common option used is just hooking breather filters to the hoses or engine block nipples.  that is better than open hoses, off course, but not good enough.

The engine can expell saturated air and inhale cleaner air, that is for sure, but the oily mist is just spread outside the filter making a mess around it. The worst part of that filter hook up to end of hose is that the oily mist collects upon filter clogging it up, rendering it clogged up soon.

The Bottle has a baffle plate and the air filter is located away from direct spray, so mist collects and oil drips onto bottom of can, can which has a valve that allows emptying of bottle every few months, keeping filter in good condition for way more time.  No need to take bottle off, quick release valve at bottom makes it as easy as opening your faucett.

Merry Xmass and a Happy New Year !

750DOHC

Re: CB 750 F DOHC.

masiste
Rear wheel and tire work.

Same stock Comstar Wheel which I do like, just wider.

 Eventually will trim the rear fender, so that it only reaches to bottom of license plate.

 Stock tire (130/80/18) is no match for new tire (170/60/18).
750DOHC

Re: CB 750 F DOHC.

masiste
This wheel (5.5 versus stocker 2.5) does a real good job. Feels great, grabs pavement way better, and has same diametre and circumference as stock tire. So no changes to gearing at all.

750DOHC

Re: CB 750 F DOHC.

masiste
Widened Comstar.

Purchased a stock Comstar and got it widened.

Got it powder coated and when finances were right got tire and finally grand opening !

Powder coated and ready to go.
750DOHC

Re: CB 750 F DOHC.

masiste
Perfect fit. No need for adaptations or spacers.

I investigated 2 Honda owners that did this work, so I followed suit, they were not wrong.

Stock swingarm. Sprocket, and all. Only mod was the rear caliper stopper bar, which is tubular in the stock 750. Needed a bar made of flat metal to clear tire. Same location, same mounting points. An aluminum bar ($5 bucks at Home Depot). made it happen.

750DOHC

Re: CB 750 F DOHC.

masiste
Picked up the rear Master Cylinder Kit from Honda.

Should be an easy rebuild.
750DOHC

Re: CB 750 F DOHC.

masiste
Also got myself a new + BAT cable.
750DOHC

Re: CB 750 F DOHC.

masiste
Rear Master Cylinder Rebuild Kit. Similar to my kit, only numbers differ. All 750's, 900's and 1100's had same rear master cylinders. I can claim, therefore, my 750 has indeed a 1100F rear brake system :)
750DOHC

Re: CB 750 F DOHC.

masiste
Rear Master Cylinder .
750DOHC

Re: CB 750 F DOHC.

Very cool bike. I love that rear rim. I looked in to having a pair of Comstars widened once but i was looking at $500 per rim + shipping charges. Where'd you did yours done?

Re: CB 750 F DOHC.

masiste
This post was updated on .
Hi.

   Yes , the wheel looks cool.

   Got it widened with "Kosman Specialties".  It was not cheap, about 400+ dollars, about 3 years ago.

   But I liked the look of a stock wheel, Comstar, but widened. That money is not much if you like the wheel and realize getting a tire, wheel, swingarm, uni shock and calipers amongst parts needed for a conversion to some modern bike suspension ( plus front wheel, tire, and adaptation needed like spacers and the like unless purchasing corresponding modern bike forks ) ... would fetch.

   Needed no adaptations, spacers, sprocket, nothing at all. Just a bolt on operation.

   I think it looks great and performs even better than it looks.

   The front wheel is also a Comstar, but a Honda CBX 1000 (pro link model) which is also same diameter as the stock Honda 750 wheel, but a tad wider. From stock 2.1 to 2.5 Does not sound much wider, bit it shows, and the tire (110-80-19) expands to its fullest, better than on the original 2 in wheel.

   Best part, no adaptations needed, straight bolt on.
750DOHC

Re: CB 750 F DOHC.

Yep,Kosman is who I talked to also. Pricey! But it does look killer.

Re: CB 750 F DOHC.

masiste
This post was updated on .

Honda CBX 1000 ProLink Front Vented Discs / Rotors and corresponding Calipers. Incredible braking power !
All of it "Bolt On".
750DOHC
1234 ... 6