Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

MarkPBG
Last month was the first local bike night right near me, held by a new "club" called Vintage Iron. We had 16 bikes show up on a rainy day. This month is the second event and there's over 40 bikes here! The demand was high in this area, and now it's being filled! :) There are at least 7 SOHC's and one was ridden in by a woman in 6 inch heels. Awesome! Didn't bring the camera this time due to a threat of severe rain (we've got a tropical storm on the way) but I've snapped a few phone pics. I'll upload those later.
Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

motogrady
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

I really wanted to make that one,work just didn't allow it. Looked like a fun time,for sure! Maybe next time.

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

MarkPBG
Wow, so it's been over 6 months since I've posted an event. Our club…Vintage Iron Club, is still going strong with our last Saturday of the month get togethers. But now, we are stepping it up a MAJOR notch.

We have partnered with the Downtown Development Authority of West Palm Beach Florida, to bring the very first of its kind in the Palm Beach area….Iron & Clematis!  (the name of the street downtown) All this will help benefit our chosen charity for this event…Canine Companions For Independence ( http://www.cci.org)
This is our inaugural Big Show, a Vintage Motorcycle Show in the historic downtown district, with the entire 500 block of Clematis St. blocked off just for us. We have over 200 bikes (all older than 25 years old) pre-registered for the event. We have 3 live local bands. We have a pin up model contest with a $200 cash prize. We have our own trophies made by some of the members (…out of steel, welded together, engine turned faceplates!) We're renting a truck sized stage, and have over two dozen BIG sponsors from all over the country!

The first day is from 2pm until 9pm with several after parties at the local bars and restaurants! This day will include the bike show downtown, with judged classes and trophies to be handed out. Live music from our five local bands. Pin up model contest with vintage fashion show. After parties.

The second day is being hosted by Palm Beach International Raceway! Our vendor tents from the street show will be set up a second day, at the track! Why are we at the track the second day? Because the raceway liked the idea of our show so much, they're incorporating some of their vintage racing series into that week! All week long at the track, vintage race cars, bikes, etc, then on that last Sunday…us! Not only that, but all the vintage bikes from our show have the opportunity to run on their state of the art 2.034 mile, 11 turn, 6/10 mile straightaway road coarse for parade laps. Up to 80 MPH on your vintage ride for 3 laps!
Not only that…But if you act now…we'll also throw in (sell tickets at a discount) a chance at full day full speed lapping races! This is for six one hour sessions broken down into 20 minute intervals.

I cannot WAIT for this event. I'm one of the core members of this club and am so proud we're getting all these bikers to dust off their old stuff and RIDE them! Bikers are coming out of the woodwork! We're not only participating in the scene….we're helping to MAKE a scene! :)

And just LOOK at all these sponsors we've managed to wrangle up! Our club is helping to bring the cafe racer/ vintage bike scene to South Florida, BIG TIME!!!!
Yes, you read that first sponsor right…..

Ace Cafe: www.acecafeusa.com

O'Sheas Pub: https://www.facebook.com/Osheaspub

Long Boards: https://www.facebook.com/LongboardsRestaurant

Pabst Blue Ribbion Beer: http://www.pabstblueribbon.com/

Aces High tattoo (Poster art by Skully Jupiter Aces): http://aceshightattooshop.com/

Santiago Coppers: http://santiagochopper.com/

Vintage CB750: http://www.vintagecb750.com/

Iron & Air Magazine: http://ironandair.com/

Partsnmore: http://www.partsnmore.com/

Lowbrow Custom: http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/

Biltwell: http://www.biltwellinc.com/

Triumph Of Pompano: http://www.atlcmotorcycles.com/

Bob's British Bike Company: https://www.facebook.com/BobsBritishBikeCompany

Architectural & interior Design Photography: http://architectphotography.com/

White Diamond Metal Polish http://www.whitediamondamerica.com/

VaVaVoom Pinup Photography: VaVaVoomPinupPhotos.com

Everyday Atomic Living vintage: EverydayAtomicLiving.com

The Ladies of Cupcake Burlesque: https://www.facebook.com/CupcakeBurlesque www.cupcakeburlesque.com

MSTA (Motorcycle Sport Touring Association): www.rideMSTA.com

Spider Racing: http://www.spiderracing.com/

Gatti Genius: https://www.facebook.com/gattigenius

Dime City Cycle: http://www.dimecitycycles.com/

Pirates Well Restaurant: http://pirateswell.com/

Casa Mia Italian Restaurant: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Casa-Mia-Jupiter-Florida/107292225971506?fref=ts

Abaco Pest Control, Inc. Kevin Maranville (561) 371-6911

Cheese Burgers and more… http://www.cheeseburgersandmore.com/

Hangar Cycleworks: https://www.facebook.com/HangarCycleworks

Lugnut Customs, Inc: www.lugnutcustoms.com

Jupiter Cycles: https://www.facebook.com/pages/JCR-Jupiter-Cycle-Racing/266694821895

Royal Enfield: http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/

Palm Beach International Raceway: https://www.facebook.com/PalmBeachIntlRaceway

Old soul Young Blood: https://www.facebook.com/OldSoulYoungBlood

Legendary Motorcycles: http://www.legendary-motorcycles.com/

Burn Up Company: https://www.facebook.com/pages/BurnUP-Company

Vespa of Palm Beach: https://www.facebook.com/vespa.palmbeach?

Canine Companion for Independence: CCI.org

Rusted Jaolpy: https://www.facebook.com/rustedjalopy

Vintage Iron Club: https://www.facebook.com/VintageIronClub

Harley Davidson of Palm Beach: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harley-Davidson-of-Palm-Beach

PUREHONEY MAGAZINE
www.purehoneymagazine.com
www.facebook.com/PureHoneyMagazine
Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

MarkPBG
Here's a local write up by Pure Honey Magazine….

http://purehoneymagazine.com/iron-clematis-vintage-motorcycle-fest/

our club website and Facebook page….

https://www.facebook.com/groups/vintageironclubmc/

http://www.vintageironclub.com
Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Only One Week Left until our show! West Palm Beach Florida area…...

MarkPBG
Next Saturday and Sunday is our club's inaugural BIG SHOW! If you are in or near Palm Beach County, FL, come on out and join us for vintage bikes, raffles, pin ups, beer, historical lectures, and a second day at the track!!!! That's right, we'll be running our 40 year old machines at speed!, not just displaying them in a parking lot!!!! We're cool like that. :)

See links above. :)

( if I seem overly excited about this, it's because it's not just a post about a local show. It's a post about a BIG local show, with MAJOR international sponsorship, that MY club is HOSTING!!!! STOKED!!!!! )
lol, sorry. :D
Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: Only One Week Left until our show! West Palm Beach Florida area…...

Can I come? I'm not an official member, but I do have the t-shirt.

amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: Only One Week Left until our show! West Palm Beach Florida area…...

MarkPBG
A few shots from track day….Don't laugh about the low lean angle…this was on the parade laps, limited to 80MPH in the straights, and on these corners we barely hit 45MPH. I didn't need to lean any more than that, the guy in front of me was way slow in the corners and I would've hit him if I took the corner like I do in normal street driving. (no passing allowed on parade laps) LOL
Next year I'm doing speed laps.

Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

30th ANNUAL ABATE OF KANSAS DISTRICT 4 CAPITAL CITY MOTORCYCLE SHOW

rich
March 14-16, Topeka, Kansas
30th ANNUAL ABATE OF KANSAS DISTRICT 4 CAPITAL CITY MOTORCYCLE SHOW

Well this show was a bust. More fundraising going on than motorcycles on display. Probably not going to bother next year.

I did get to meet some nice young ladies though!

Flyer
89 VN 750A - Given to son-in-law
79 CB 750K-sold 3 May 21
78 CB 750K
77 CB 750K
77 GL 1000 x 2
77 CB 550F
Holton, KS, US

4th Annual KCVJMC Spring Show

rich
Saturday, May 10th 2014 9a-2p
Independence, MO

Show flyer: http://www.kcvjmc.org/resources/Events/2014_Spring_Show_and_Swap/Flyers/2014%20May%20KCVJMC%20Spring%20Show_Poster_FINAL.pdf

Show flyer
89 VN 750A - Given to son-in-law
79 CB 750K-sold 3 May 21
78 CB 750K
77 CB 750K
77 GL 1000 x 2
77 CB 550F
Holton, KS, US

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

For those in the central OHIO area:

Iron Pony Motorsports is having a VJMC event on June 21, 2014 from 1000 - 1700.  This is a bike show and swap meet. I went there last year, and there were probably 40-50 bikes there. Admission is free.  I think they are having an auction for a Suzuki GS750 and another 400cc twin, with proceeds going to charity. Hey, for $5, I'll give it a go.

Iron Pony Motorsports
5436 Westerville Road
Westerville, OH, 43081

(no, I'm not getting paid for this announcement, and I'm not an employee of Iron Pony, VJMC, Suzuki, or the Sta-Puf marshmallow man.)

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

cdaiscool
Hmm. With some luck my bike will be on the road this weekend or next week sometime at the latest. Perhaps this would be a decent maiden voyage for distance...

It's only 174 miles one-way on backroads, 180 on highway. Not a bad distance me thinks!

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 10:22 AM, LukeM [via Honda CB750'S] <[hidden email]> wrote:
For those in the central OHIO area:

Iron Pony Motorsports is having a VJMC event on June 21, 2014 from 1000 - 1700.  This is a bike show and swap meet. I went there last year, and there were probably 40-50 bikes there. Admission is free.  I think they are having an auction for a Suzuki GS750 and another 400cc twin, with proceeds going to charity. Hey, for $5, I'll give it a go.

Iron Pony Motorsports
5436 Westerville Road
Westerville, OH, 43081

(no, I'm not getting paid for this announcement, and I'm not an employee of Iron Pony, VJMC, Suzuki, or the Sta-Puf marshmallow man.)

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Post-your-LOCAL-MOTORCYCLE-EVENT-RALLY-SHOW-HERE-tp4023431p4051869.html
To unsubscribe from Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE "., click here.
NAML

Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

Just to clarify, admission is free.  It's the raffle that's $5 per ticket. I sure hope the weather cooperates.
Hmm...180+ miles? On one tank of gas?  Is that the sound of a gauntlet being thrown down?

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

cdaiscool

Oh no. There's a Pilot truck stop on the back road route. 120 miles in.

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Post-your-LOCAL-MOTORCYCLE-EVENT-RALLY-SHOW-HERE-tp4023431p4051888.html
To unsubscribe from Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE "., click here.
NAML
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

Hoko
Republic Of Texas Rally going on over this weekend in Austin TX
Motorcycles everywhere, awesome!
Everyone showing off their customs

78 CB750F3 Super Sport
Austin, TX

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

Let's see if this works.  I took some pics of some of the bikes at the show in Columbus.

2014 Columbus VJMC photos

It was a fun show.