Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

Piute
cdaiscool wrote
16 days, Piute, 16 days and I'll be on the open road.

Well, okay, 16 days and 5 hours.
    leaving at 2pm
 Sorry I'd call that a bad start unless you have to weather looks like  last couple days there ,here 30-50 mile winds now/today getting heavyer.
  Will dye down come wkend,But how far you plan to go?1st day will be getting dark 5pm 3hrs into ride You will just be breaking in .

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

cdaiscool
I have a lunch Saturday with family; I couldn't really leave before 2 pm.

However, we've got a blizzard that's moving in, so I may not be able to depart Saturday morning either up to the family dinner. If that's the case, then I'll just move it to leaving EARLY on Sunday. I'll be 8 hours behind schedule, but them's the breaks.

Not to mention, I don't really -have- a schedule. If I leave Sunday morning, I'd like to be in Kentucky before stopping. At a minimum. Or in that general area.
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

                7am Early start will be cold mid 20's but
                      should be way ahead of snow developing in yo area,
                      You'll be in the chill clear thru to Okl. BE READY,BE Safe.

http://www.weather.com/video/a-national-look-at-the-next-3-days-364

 Either to cold (no clouds)to snow HERE or SNOW right on the line Wednesday day looks just cold,
  But will have lots of spotted ice in shadows & corner's were water likes to build up.

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

cdaiscool
Its saying its 12 hours 20 minutes from here to the Trail of Tears campground. I leave at 7 am, I can be there well before bed time. So that's what my goal is. Leave tomorrow @ 7 am or so, and get there by 9 pm (extra 2 hours for bike riding/getting gas/eating food).

IT'S FINALLY TIME. AfterIpackandorganizeandfindthedamnmotorcyclekey.
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

Piute
   My self I would try 6-7hrs 1st day,not think much of miles,till after the 1st 5hr's and thats "were to" stop and set camp,Ya ever set a tent in the dark(I did once)things drop on ground ,can't find.
   I'm not camping,no way dog,I'm going to be lucky to make it to Trail Of Tears Park and back in a day,That be a 12hr day in the saddle for me,My seat sucks,BUT when I catch up to you we'll figure that out.Always carry my gear though , never no.(love my baggs),
   Heck my bike hasn't been ridden that hard yet either...

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

cdaiscool
Okay. If you're not meeting me to camp, then I'll just ride until I get tired. This tent is super-easy to set up. You can literally do it blind. 2 poles and the canvas. Nothing else. Except the stakes, which I am keeping separate so they don't come out.

I'll just ride until I can't ride anymore; if I can't make it to Trail of Tears, then so be it. But if I do, then we can coordinate for the next day a place to meet.
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

Piute

   Sounds great ,oil on cover is so moisture doesn't soak in and glue comes loose.

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

cdaiscool

The leather side (electronics) is waterproof; the leather wont let water through. I ran it under the tap for 3 minutes then squeezed it between my palm and the sink. 100% dry.

The other side definitely is not water proof. Same test, hand got wet. But I honestly don't care about that side, plus oil would mess up the London Fog logo. Plus the glue said it is water proof. So I will let it go on its own as well.

Thanks for the tip, I will remember it for the next covers I make!

On Dec 23, 2012 6:05 PM, "Piute [via Honda CB750'S]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

   Sounds great ,oil on cover is so moisture doesn't soak in and glue comes loose.
Native American from central Cal,  Kickstand down in S.W.Missouri,

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Post-your-LOCAL-MOTORCYCLE-EVENT-RALLY-SHOW-HERE-tp4023431p4034115.html
To unsubscribe from Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE "., click here.
NAML
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

    Putting this out there now and will update layter

            On CICO-DE-MY-O
     The 4th(saturday) in Waterloo,Iowa ,My brother is going to bring out his work (Magic On Metal)
     and a "new" Car club .

 I will/thinking leave here friday,(450miles8hrs)depending on weather and departure time will get campsite/motel(rain).
    Leaving Saturday not staying for everything,But taking the Bigg Miss all the way
    down To a camp spot and.........(work monday)

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

free2ride
"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston S. Churchill

Most motorcyclists live more in five minutes than other people do in their entire lives.

when you mix religion with politics you get politics

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

Piute

    http://ottawainternationalmotorcycleshow.ca/
   Lil far for this time of year,
 There "1" thing good about winter bike shows It's o.k. to trailer yo Queen.

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

free2ride
some interesting old bikes . . . a half dozen cafe racers from the 40s and 50s along with a coupla others.

picked up some interesting tidbits and drooled over a coupla bikes.
"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston S. Churchill

Most motorcyclists live more in five minutes than other people do in their entire lives.

when you mix religion with politics you get politics

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

Lincoln Highway Bullitt
Anyone heading to Bikefest in CARLISE, Pa July 19-21 http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/events/bikefest/
Making Laps, Twisting the Throttle and Cruzz control, it just don't get any better!

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

Piute

                                             http://biketoberfest.org/

34th Annual Motorcycle Swap Meet
Mar 08, 2013 - Mar 17, 2013 (09:00 AM)
Giant Antique Bike Day & Show-All stock 84 & older get in free-

Adrenaline Crew Stunt Shows- Ice Cream Man from Hell- Good food, cold beer, live music - Daytona Flea Market, 2987 Bellevue Ave. - Daytona Beach

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

                                                 Spring River Rally - Hardy, AR
http://springriverrally.com/

Spring River Rally 2013

Party down at one of the most natural motorcycle rallies in the country with tent and RV camping on the river. Bike games & ride in bike show with trophies, 1OO% payback poker runs, poker float down the river. Organized rides include admission, scenic ride through the Ozarks with lunch, dinner and a concert. Shop the national vendor’s midway, great food & beer, jell-o wrestling, Miss Spring River Rally Bikini Contest, Biker & Bikini bull riding on live bulls, headliner concerts and wild after hours parties for those who enjoy freedom! There’s lots more – the fastest & longest Zip line in Arkansas, Horseback trail rides, off road ATV trails, hang out at the clubhouse pool, play in the river or just hang out and enjoy the festivities. It all takes place at Griffin Park near the historic town of Hardy Arkansas!

                                           TRUST ME
                                        PARTY NEVER ENDS (till monday)
For those of you that still have the party animal in you stick around for the after-hours party on both Friday & Saturday night for some wet & wild fun following the concerts,(not for the weak hearts)

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

rich
Couple of pics from the bike show here last weekend.
78 750F

CBX (two of them)

89 VN 750A - Given to son-in-law
79 CB 750K-sold 3 May 21
78 CB 750K
77 CB 750K
77 GL 1000 x 2
77 CB 550F
Holton, KS, US

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

         2013 BOHMONT RANCH IRON HORSE MOTORCYCLE RALLY JUNE 14, 15, 16,
this year is the addition of a brand new MX bike track that will be open 10 am to dark all 3 days of the Rally, plus MX bike races during the rally.  It is free to paid Rally participants (so bring all your bikes), and there will be a daily fee for anyone wanting to ride the track only. The track will be closed to open riding during the MX bike races.  MX bikers are welcome to participate in the bike games on Saturday afternoon.
   No one under 18 years old after 10pm.  No one under 21 served alcoholic beverages (ID REQUIRED).

TENTATIVE SCHEDULE

FRIDAY

  Noon-checkin begins

  9PM- WET T SHIRT CONTEST STARTS (trophy and prize money)

SATURDAY

   9:30-12:30  Poker Run

   1PM-5PM Bike Games

   BIKE BURN OUT -after biker games (trophy and tire)                                                     I'll NEED ANOTHER RIM (mag.) BY THEN
7PM- STIR FRY

   9PM-POLE DANCING CONTEST (trophy and cash)

   10PM-N-2-DEEP

      1130PM-WET T-SHIRT CONTEST (trophy and cash)

SUNDAY

  TO BE DETERMINED

TRACK OPEN 10-DARK FRI-SAT-SUN

VENDORS, FOOD AND BEVERAGES ON GROUNDS

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

Kansas City in June.  Focus on 70s vintage superbikes.  TOOLS? Represent?

http://hoame.com/2013-rally/

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

Coming soon! To a podunk village near me!

http://www.blueridgebikefest.com/

^^^ gonna be a total Harley-fest. But there is a bikini contest. Two nights in a row!
12345678