Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

123456 ... 8

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

Piute

                                  200 W. Commercial St. Springfield,mo.

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

Good grief. There is ALWAYS something going on in MO! I'm in the wrong state...

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

Piute
n        Know of a few that trailered to this,

http://www.motorcycleclassics.com/blacksidedown/barber-vintage-festival-wrap-up/2012.aspx?newsletter=1&utm_content=MCC+Shop+Talk+10.18.12&utm_campaign=2012+ENEWS&utm_source=iPost&utm_medium=email

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

Piute

Wheels On Reels II - Film Festival Nov 17!
« Thread Started on Oct 24, 2012, 11:07am »
The second annual SV&CR "Wheels On Reels" Film Festival
will be held November 17th.

Located in the meeting room at the,

Historic "Mid-town" library.
(Behind Central High School)
397 East Central Street
Springfield

From Noon to around 6pm we will screen classic motorcycle movies and a few interesting shorts.
Come and go as you can.

Program list to come shortly.

During the screenings, conversation, pontificating and general tall tale tellin' will be heartily encouraged!

FOOD
Chili - Me, Josh, chuck
Condiments - Phil
Bowls and spoons - Tim P

Anyone else?

Read more: <a href="http://vintage-riders.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=992&page=1#8538#ixzz2CGQH4J8M">http://vintage-riders.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=992&page=1#8538#ixzz2CGQH4J8M

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

Piute
               http://www.meetup.com/417-Motorcyclists/events/91674692/

2012 TOYS FOR TOTS RIDE...SPRINGFIELD
3241 South Glenstone Avenue, Springfield, MO (edit map)
December 2 2012.... for you newbies it will start behind Friendly Ford at 2:00 pm (come early...doughnuts and coffee), go north on Glenstone to the Transport Graphics Inc parking lot where we will enter on both driveways to the bike parking area........Bring toys.... lots of toys because it is all about the kids.....there will be many door prizes, coffee and cookies donated by our great sponsors inside the transport graphics install shop....

     THERE ARE TOYS FOR TOTS RIDES EVERY WERE FIND ONE NEAR YOU (for KIDS sake)

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

      Think I just got me a back warmer for the Toys for Tots ride
        IF you guys don't tell what a

    Not sure now,
    Don't like giving ride when rain out and in a group setting,to many rookies.

       So need to fix rear pegs and brake lever,May be snow or rain (saying 40% this morn) on the 8th

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

  So far we got, We have 54 people in are Lil "417 meet-up" group.(8-10 my Lil town).
    TOYs 4 TOTs is was started ran by the U.S. Marines .

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

Piute
58 in are group ,1885 was total ,rumor has it that somebody got hit by car on way home not part of are crew but will try to find mo info.

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

cdaiscool
Goodness gracious! Got anything like this going on between Christmas Eve and New Year's?
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

Piute

   There is always something going on everywere's just have to search harder at times,You may wont to post your trip here so others can see and may meet-up .HEY a place to crash for the night even.
   Was a great 70's deg.day today too,they say s n o w  come next monday-night but 60's sat & sun

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

cdaiscool
My goodness, your weather's crazier than here!

Since you suggested it:

I'm leaving around 2 pm on Saturday, December 22 from Jenison, MI. I will be taking back roads south, destination Fort Worth/Dallas so I can see a friend for all of 10 minutes (literally). Then, I will decide if I want to visit Mexico, go east, or go west. I will simply ride for the love of riding. I'm planning absolutely as little as possible. The only hard item is that I really should be home by Jan. 1, though even that can be moved. My boss has okay'd me being late due to troubles or weather.

If you want to follow me, you can follow my twitter (@cdaiscool). I tested a tracking app tonight, and I can set it for a max of 4 hours tracking time. Then, as I get gas somewhere (gas, food) and find that it's nearly expired, I can simply extend the time some more. I'm going to post my trip to that, unless I find a better tracking app between now and then. I'd like one exportable to Google Earth so I can post my trip up as a "here's where I went!" deal.

I'm going solo on this trip, but wouldn't mind company. Its always fun to ride with a couple people. So if anyone wants to tag along for a portion of the trip, let me know! We can exchange phone numbers, and let me know what your 'boundaries' are. That way, if I decide to go into your neck of the woods and say you would be willing to meet me in Boulder, Colorado then I'll figure out how long before I get there and let you know. Then we'll meet, go for a ride, maybe get a bite to eat, and who knows?

I'm going to print off the campgrounds that are listed here: http://www.bikercamps.com/campground_search_map if I think I will possibly hit the state, I'm printing off a list of the places there. This way, I can plug the address of the nearest place into my GPS and crash there for the night. Or, if that doesn't work, at least have a place to call to try and find lodging.

Ultimately, I'm doing this for the ride, to enjoy the back roads of America, and to get away from life for a little while. The only tech I'm bringing is my phone, and a flashlight to read a book when stopped somewhere I can't leave (e.g. a Wal-Mart parking lot). I'm looking forward to this like you wouldn't believe.

Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

       Well
  Try putting Springfield,Mo. in your path this way(750miles) ,and I will come meet up with you and if timing is right ya can stay here,It's about 9-10 hr's to "D" (only hit no hwy or tolls let google do the rest )469 miles using hwy 60 1 block down the street from home.Haven't went all the way on a bike but was just on Oklahoma portion last month (Trail of Tears)
      I don't ride at night ,to many high beams and I can't see road kills with lights in my eyes,Guess that's a sign of age or wisdom. Not sure how many miles you can do once your this far (if came this way)End of Dec. thinking 8-9 hrs good light.What I do?? Thinking ?? 8hrs light x50 mph gives ya 400 miles aprox a day,now sure you can easly double that by jumping on hwy or interstate,doing 70+mph.,No lights ,small town stop signs,traffic,(well the reason they made hwy's.)
   I'm just throwing this out there,
But your welcome to stop in get good food & rest,maybe a few cold one's.No matter when,
  Are company will be shut down 24th to Jan.2nd,that also meens need to be a bit fugal at what I do also, Always have gas to ride,

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

cdaiscool
Avoiding highways, its 15.5 hours. So I can get there Sunday evening. Hmm.

It doesn't really matter when I get to Fort Worth; when I get there's when I get there. I could head out to your neck of the woods, camp, do some nice riding and get some good food, then take off the next morning or later in the day for Texas.

Alternatively, if you have plans, I can hit your neck of the woods on the way back. Always options.
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

Piute

    P.M. sent ,It is the house # My cousin will answer,I think he will .
  You might wont to play around the weather abit ,If bad stop /head this way,Looks like a new post from Oklahoma out there also.
   We will be doing some riding I'm sure.

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

cdaiscool
Looking forward to riding with you man!

For anyone else that wants to ride, let me know! Would be fun to see you guys.
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

Piute

  Looking for some of that i know down near/around Fayetteville Ark.Were going to need somebody local that can tell us road conditions.

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

cdaiscool
Road conditions, or weather conditions? 'cuz I've got an accurate app on my phone that tells me what its like down there.

Might be able to find a site regarding any construction or something as well.
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

Piute
    You can have the best gadget out there but your never going to know about the roads down in Arkansas ,they have creeks that just cross the road during rain and snow melt then freeze ,These are the roads ya gotta no ,crossed to many during spring at that time has " sand " crossing's were water was,They also bank there roads according to water flow not the banking for bike or speed ,Hard to get used to they are and no every spot (why I had hard time keeping up at times).
    The meet-up group http://www.meetup.com/417-Motorcyclists/I road Toy 4 tots wont to ride were set for 11 am but no place / spot to meet,Told them to grab the bull by the horns and pick a spot under cover cause it could rain (20%weather man says),I'd say about 4 may show but 2 take the ride IF over 50deg.They will try to pick some strange place that some Harley rider said was great,Yeah bet he's parked too.I'm going to Lake of the Ozarks,by myself if they even stutter saying anything negative.Get yo putt down here so we Can ride

http://touringtheozarks.com/html/featured_tip.html

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

cdaiscool
16 days, Piute, 16 days and I'll be on the open road.

Well, okay, 16 days and 5 hours.
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Post your LOCAL MOTORCYCLE EVENT/RALLY/SHOW/." HERE ".

motogrady
Administrator

Hey guys, last weekend in July.
All are welcome, for sure.
But, a bunch of 750's, under the same tent for a weekend,
now that would be cool.................from last years inaugural event.

http://forums.cycleworld.com/showthread.php?t=252354

I'll put more up as it get's closer, again, all are welcome!

123456 ... 8