Just what the world needs. What some of you have been waiting for.

1 ... 3456789 ... 12

Re: Just what the world needs.

Are those the carbs that got powdercoated?

Re: Just what the world needs.

No these were painted.

Re: Just what the world needs.

Ah. I noticed the slide tops where bare is why I asked.

Re: Just what the world needs.

I thought they needed a little shiny aluminum to set them off.

Re: Just what the world needs.

Hellbilly429
Lol, I was like what the... I gotta ask about that, I really don't think that belongs there... Makes sense now, I am a little too young to know about bikes from the 70's

Re: Just what the world needs.

TOOLS1 wrote
I thought they needed a little shiny aluminum to set them off.
TOOLS
Anything shiny is always a good thing

(you see what i did there?)

Re: Just what the world needs.

And you gotta explain the Martha joke to me. It's been bugging me.

Re: Just what the world needs.

rrgunslinger
MarkPBG wrote
I love the cafe style bike...but I'm building one not to follow the fad, I just like the look. I like the stock look too, that's why I couldn't cut up my nice driver to make a cafe. :)
I think rarity has a lot to do with it's appeal, while you may see thousands of cafe's on the internet, how many actually show up to your local shows, or even ride around in your area? At our last BIG show down here in FL (Billy Joel showed up!) there were maybe six or eight cafe's out of almost a thousand bikes in the show and parking lot. I only know three guys with one within 50 miles and of those three, I've only met two, the third is a member of one of the boards and lives in Miami, but I haven't met him yet.
Anyway, for your project....go for it, whatever the reason! :)
Yep, I live about 65 miles from Mark. When I got my bike I paid 100.00 for it and it was trashed bad.  I knew I could never get it back stock and I always was a café kind of rider so when I rebuilt I decided to do a café.  Took 6 years to get to where I could ride it. I ride it to work as much a possible (40 miles round trip) and love it.   I used drag bars cause I'm 62 with a bad back and that suites me fine.  I can do over an hour without stopping. I never see another café motorcycle so I don't think there are as many as people think.  Most probably never ride them.  Anyway, I love my CB!!! I actually think there are too many choppers in the world...but to each his own and I do appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into them.
American by birth. Cowboy by choice! Vero Beach, FL http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo172/grandpaslinger/HD%20Road%20Glide/IMAG0046.jpg

Re: Just what the world needs.

Martha Stewart's catch phrase is "It's a good thing". Funny you should bring up this build as I have been working on it lately, and should have some cool updates soon.

Re: Just what the world needs.

cdaiscool
TOOLS1 wrote
Funny you should bring up this build as I have been working on it lately, and should have some cool updates soon.
TOOLS

Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Just what the world needs.

Cool! Been wanting to see this thing. I thought about mentioning MV but....nah

Re: Just what the world needs.

Ahem...

Re: Just what the world needs.

Hoosier Daddy
Glad this got a "bump" now that I have joined.

81 Honda CB750C - Current Project
67 BSA Spitfire MkIII - Next Up (Full Resto)
81 Honda GL1100 - Bob / Cafe´
80 Suzuki GS750L - Bratstyle
72 Honda CB450K5 - Basket Case
73 Honda CB350F Cafe' (Gone but not forgotten)

Don't wait for opportunity to knock... kick the door down and drag the old harlot in!

Re: Just what the world needs.

Lucky 1
It is finished when YOU think it is finished and looks right. Make everyone wait.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Just what the world needs.

Lucky 1
To me it has been a Buffet racer from the start. And a very original idea too.

That seat  looks great.
But a seat with buttons would have made it look like seats at a buffet diner. LOL..

But some theme bikes are overdone. Know what I mean?
Better to use a nuance instead of an overstatement.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Just what the world needs.

If I could just get my friends bikes out of the garage, and clean it up, I would be able to get back to work on it. However I did make a new license plate/taillight bracket, and started on forward controls., but might switch to Triple A running boards.

Re: Just what the world needs.

Huh?! Are you serious?! Triple A floor boards on a cafe?!?! Rear se...er...rear boards?! Will it get a sissy bar and a springer,too?

...it was more than i could process....

Re: Just what the world needs.

Hey dude,when you pc'ed this engine did you leave the little rubber fin thingy's in place? Or did you pull them out for coating?
1 ... 3456789 ... 12